Slant 6 Rad Hoses

-

YellowDart69

Reaction score
I'd like to replace the rad hoses on my 69 Dart. Does anyone know where to get them? The upper is pretty basic, but not the lower. Thanks.

slantsixdan had a PN for the correct molded lower rad hose. i have forgotten it though...

it looks like Rockauto has gates PN 20949 and ACdelco 22094M. by the pictures they have the correct bends

I think auto zone and O'reileys lists those hoses. Not sure of the quality but at least they are available.

The top hoses I found are all flex style so I was wondering if anyone had the part number for the molded top hose?

I'm taking a wire and bending a mock up to take with me to the parts store in case I have to buy a different model hose and cut it to fit.

Tagged for lower part #

Thanks

My lucky hose number must be Goodyear 60664 (Dayton 70776). It is 1.5"D and worked for my:

1965 273 upper, w/ AC compressor on driver's side and upper radiator tube ~4" towards passenger side.

1965 383 upper (just used 90 deg bend section).

1964 Slant 6 lower. But, my car has a non-Mopar radiator (had M-B & Honda parts when bought). The lower tube is in about the same place, but doesn't have the 45 deg upward slant.

When I get a correct radiator, my notes say a Goodyear 60461 would work better.

Never get flustered when the auto parts guy say "not avail". Just do like hot rodders do and mod. Many use the Ford truck upper hose, since long and many bends, plus cheap. Cut what you need and add aluminum tube sections so you can re-orient the bends, and you can fit anything. Much better than the ugly and dorky flex hoses rockauto shows. You can even use bright colored silicone hose w/ bright metal tubes for a modern "turbo" look and add sections with strainers or temperature sensor ports.

The part numbers for a 69 Dart with a 225 motor, they are saying:

Gates Moulded Upper Hose: 20065
" " Lower Hose: 20949

I have the Gates number book from 1911-up, for belts and hoses,
so if someone needs to have this information, just PM us. Glad to try and help. Dodge33

-
Back