slant 6 radiator

-

dan brooks

Reaction score
I have a 68 dart with original 6 radiator, it's very small and runs a little on the hot side, but not to bad i'm just a freak about stuff like that. is there a v8 double core radiator with both hose hookups on the passenger side I could order that would keep this little monster cool?

If your radiator is in good shape before putting money in a radiator I would be sure
for a fact you engine is running hot, I have had 8 out of 10 old gauges fib to me
and read hot when they are not.
Make sure your carb is not running lean or your timing is out of adjustment
these and a plugged up radiator will make an engine run hot as I am sure you know.
Have you set the timing and valves to close to speck ?
I would think there is a dual core radiator for these that had A/C but I would put my money in the radiator you have or go aluminum if indeed it is running hot becouse of the radiator. .
These /6 engines like 190 degrees
Hope this post was not long winded and helps some

Is it the stock 225 engin? I have not seen them tend to run hot,' specially in the early years. Your ain OH, not the desert SW.... should not be an issue. Radiator plugged perhaps?

I have the same problem as you. I ordered a 22" champion dual core radiator good for up to 600 horse power and now I never hit past 180. Unless I'm at a light and then the car heats up. I also live in Arizona and the seasons here are hot, hot, extremely hot, cool.

-
Back