-
Status
Not open for further replies.

74ChargerSE

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
My mechanic told me today that the transmission in my 64 Barracuda (6cyl/Push-button- Auto Trans) is pretty well fried. The front seal is shot and there was some damage to the internal when the torque convertor moved around inside the case. Last thing I need to hear as I am ready to put the car up for sale.

Will any 904 transmission fit or would a replacement need to be pre-1965 push-button?

Does anyone have a good transmission that would fit this car - hopefully near Ohio?

Needs to be pushbutton if you want to retain that feature.

My mechanic told me today that the transmission in my 64 Barracuda (6cyl/Push-button- Auto Trans) is pretty well fried. The front seal is shot and there was some damage to the internal when the torque convertor moved around inside the case. Last thing I need to hear as I am ready to put the car up for sale.

Will any 904 transmission fit or would a replacement need to be pre-1965 push-button?

Does anyone have a good transmission that would fit this car - hopefully near Ohio?
I would think that a member here on the site "Charrlie_S" would know all about what you are dealing with. He may even have a push button 904.
Norm

To keep the pushbutton feature, the trans needs to be a 60-65 slant six 904. There are some differences between the years, but parts can be swapped to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back