Slant 6 value in the market

-

barra340

Reaction score
So everyone i talk to doesnt think a Slant car holds any value. A car with a V8 is worth more they say. I am selling an all original Slant 6, 67 Barracuda, driven in California for most of its life until 96 its been in MI. I dont need it and i need space.
I say it is up to the person what they want but to say it holds no value is incorrect. According to the appraisal and the books it holds value.
We all want more power. All my other cars and trucks are V8s.

What say the masses?

I can see that. If you have a /6 car, it's worth is dependent on who wants it. While a good body is the biggest part of any car sale, the engine holds sway.

Theres not a thing wrong with the 6, it's just most want a V8 and bigger is better.

I prefer the / and have jumped on / cars faster than I do the v8's; even when the bodies are in the same shape I lean toward the /'s more. I have had big blocks and / has enough power for street driving.

why would you need a v8 when slants sound like this!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN3YIvbj3h4"]YouTube - Slant Six Wants To Be A Hemi![/ame]

That thing revs like a ***** in church.

Beefy sounding 6. It's a personal choice on what ya wanna run and hot rod. I don't think I'll ever really dig the sound of a 6 in my ears. That's just me.

Thanks guys. I figured the same.I own a V8 Barracuda myself but i like the slant more! t gets more looks. Steve i sent you a PM.

i have had a few /6 cars, small block cars and mostly big block v8s yes the 6 was mopars bread and butter in the A body cars, but most folks just like the gutteral roar of a hopped up V8. thats not to say a souped up six isnt cool, its just that you can put the same amount of money into a V8 car as you would in a six and have a faster car.

i believe a number of years ago in hot rod magazine steve magnante did an article on hopping up a / in a duster and even hooked it up with an A833 close ratio box and a geared 8-3/4 rear. the conclusion was a 14 second quarter mile car. decent time for a street car but they threw way too much money at it to get the times down. now maybe using EFI and a turbo might make a better difference plus good drivability, i really dont know.

my grandpa loved em. even had a /6 in his 69 plymouth sattelite. im willing to bet that bodacious B body couldent get out of its own way with a 225 under the hood, but it sure looked good trying to do it LOL.

what i do know is that slant sixes are super reliable as all get out (except for that nylon distributor gear), and they get really decent mileage all a plus for fleet/taxi service but stone stock they are gutless wonders. fine for joe average, but worthless for a hot rodder unless you desire spending your hard earned cash on something unusual for folks to stare at when showing your car at the occasional car show.

all i do know is the /6 lump , Kframe, tranny, and rear out of my 67 cuda coupe project car along with the other scrap metal i had from my 74 dart V8 4 door parts car was able to fetch me $220 off my trailer at the scrap metal place. the V8 out of the parts car runs pretty well and i may use as is until i can get the parts up for a stroker kit.

i tried to sell off the slant 6 parts from the cuda pretty cheap but nobody wanted any of it, nor did they want any of the parts off my parts car that i wasnt going to use so i made my money by dropping it all off at the scrap yard. out of my yard cash in pocket LOL.

my advice is buy what you want. a nicely painted up and detailed slant six is just as cool to look at as a V8 is. some folks love the /6 i neither like nor dislike them. personally i just wouldent waste my time on one when i can do a V8 just as easily.

just my .02
matt

i was always a v8 guy, but my slant has grown on me. of course, i hardly ever break the speed limit anymore. im at the point that i look for fuel mileage gains over hp gains although a few of them go hand in hand.

i just traded my intrepid rt for a 68 dart its got a slant 6, i fires right up and runs real smoth. the valves chatter a little but thats an easy fix. im looking for a parts catolog for darts anyone know any

-
Back