-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian McCrimmon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a cheap used slant six electronic distributor with vacuum advance (single pickup).
Cheap because it's for the Great Beater Challenge and we have a tight $700 budget.
Trying to get my $250 Valiant running before we get snowed in!
I had it running on the current distributor (GM HEI conversion) but now I can't get a spark. And I am stumped as to what caused it to stop working.
Tried multiple GM modules and finally concluded it's the distributor.
And I hope to find someone close to Calgary or Southern Alberta.
As a last resort I can use a points one instead.
Anyone?

I have plenty of rebuilt ones if needed, but in Pennsylvania. Prob I have a core I can let go cheap that works.

Last edited:
Probably the pick up failed. Yes you can go back to points if needed. If you put a electronic coil in put the points one back in and the ballast resistor also.

I am guessing that you are correct on the pickup but since the distributor is a bit of a frankenstein (points distributor modified to electronic using a V8 distributor and a new reluctor) I figured best to try a complete unit. Problem is there is a distinct lack of slant 6 cars in the local junkyards.
I do have a spare pickup but someone cut the wires completely off.

Let me see what I have. See the budget build and shipping to you sucks. Sure I have something at core cost.

Hey if you used a v-8 electronic if you used the pick up plate from it it will advance wrong also. Did it ever run right?

I did have it running at one point.

Source of misfire!

$_59 (7).jpg

Thats as far as we got it. Did find 10 used pushrods for $5 locally!
And don't mind all the funky wiring and that power steering reservoir on the firewall.

I have a 74 no tag I can give you $20 and the ride if that helps. Send me a message if you want it.

Last edited:
I have a local ad posted for one as well. And I am going out today to see what I can find. I will keep you both apprised of y situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back