[WANTED] Slant Six Exhaust Mannyfold

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup there are two sizes super six had the bigger diameter outlet, I have an original super six exhaust but the heat riser is no good also broken studs, I ported my stock exhaust manifold to 2.25 with the slant six exhaust gasket no that hard to do

If it has the bigger outlet, I can fix the broken studs and heat riser if you want to sell it.

what year was that? fed ex ground ? i find that hard to believe

It was a few years back.....I was a member here then. Sold it to another member. I have a 2 1/4" mill broach coming. I'll see just how much room these manifolds I have have in the flange area.

USPS has Economy rate shipping but they don't make it well known. Supposedly cheaper than standard post, which used to be called parcel post. I don't think they would ship an aluminum trans for $75, though.

Still looking for a slant manifold with bigger than a 2" outlet. Thanks.

When I built my “performance slant” I bored out the manifold on the old bridgeport, just used a boring bar. Started off about 2” got it out to 2.125 before I worried about the wall thickness. 2.250 would have been paper thin or maybe a hole so I stopped.
Not sure what it came from (I had a pile of them) but it had the ribs. Ran a 2.5 inch single exhaust all the way back, car sounded great

When I built my “performance slant” I bored out the manifold on the old bridgeport, just used a boring bar. Started off about 2” got it out to 2.125 before I worried about the wall thickness. 2.250 would have been paper thin or maybe a hole so I stopped.
Not sure what it came from (I had a pile of them) but it had the ribs. Ran a 2.5 inch single exhaust all the way back, car sounded great

That's why I want to find the factory 2 3/16 outlet manifold. It will bore easily to 2 1/4 maybe to 2 1/2.

Still lookin.

Got to be one out there.

20181213_092154.jpg

76 Truck

Sold this engine to a guy West side of Twin Cities. Bought for a replacement for his blown Swather slant 6 engine.

Bet that manifold is laying in his shop cause I am sure he used the one for the swather on that piece of farm equipment.

What are the chances I can find his phone number from May this year ????

Got to be one out there.

View attachment 1715413424
76 Truck

Sold this engine to a guy West side of Twin Cities. Bought for a replacement for his blown Swather slant 6 engine.

Bet that manifold is laying in his shop cause I am sure he used the one for the swather on that piece of farm equipment.

What are the chances I can find his phone number from May this year ????

Long shot but worth a look maybe.

Still lookin

Might be coming through your area there sometime after Thanksgiving as I am heading down through Macon (where RRR lives) and on down to Florida if there is anything left of it after this Cat 5 Storm passes through.

I still have the two manifolds shown previously, If George Jets is still traveling through Indy after Thanksgiving I would be more than happy to hand them off.

I think you are splitting but hairs on this one Rusty. :)
Thank you. Drive through.

I think you are splitting but hairs on this one Rusty. :)
Thank you. Drive through.

I've thought about that, but here's my thinking......however flawed. lol If I find a manifold with the larger outlet, say 2 3/16" then in all likelihood, it will have more meat in the throat to enlarge further. All of the 2" outlet ones I have here will either be very thin in the throat, or hit air if I try to enlarge them.

You may be right, but since I have no time limit, I can try. Thank you drive through. lol

I still have the two manifolds shown previously, If George Jets is still traveling through Indy after Thanksgiving I would be more than happy to hand them off.

Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

You can gasket match an early manifold, and hog out the bottom. I did this on a stock manifold, along with ripping out the heat riser, and it worked well. Ended up selling it on eBay for more money than I ever thought possible. Lol

For the 1/2hp you "might" gain with a Super Six Exh manifold, you might as well move on to bigger and better things. Or continue to split butt hairs.

You can gasket match an early manifold, and hog out the bottom. I did this on a stock manifold, along with ripping out the heat riser, and it worked well. Ended up selling it on eBay for more money than I ever thought possible. Lol

For the 1/2hp you "might" gain with a Super Six Exh manifold, you might as well move on to bigger and better things. Or continue to split butt hairs.

Well, here's the thing. This car is really space limited right where any headers would pass through exiting the engine bay. All around the Z-bar and all the clutch linkage and whatnot. I know there are some that say they work, but I don't see how. I have a set here and while they are sold now, I did try to fit them before I sold them. Even though supposedly they are "supposed" to fit, no way in heck these things are gonna go.

Now, if I was to stumble on a set of the short tube Cliffords right cheap, I believe I could squeeze 2 2" pipes down there, but it would be close. I could of course even tack weld them together to make for an even tighter fit. But my chances of finding some short tube Cliffords I can actually AFFORD are slim to none I am afraid. So, the enlarged manifold is my next best move.

Thanks! I'm wanting to get one above 2". I would love to get one in the 2.5" neighborhood, but I don't think that's happenin. The problem is the neck area under the cast in flange. It necks down well under the OD of the flange, so trying to bore the ones that are "around" 2" much over that and I think the neck area gets real thin or sees daylight. I have a good welder friend that I may turn to if I cannot find something......but I am like you. I think larger outlets are out there.
Have you ever heard of "Extrude Hone",? They can make that inside diameter larger with their process

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back