Slant six flywheel for manual trans

-
There is an exception nobody mentioned in flywheel variations. '60-'61 Valiants and Lancers used a 147 tooth flywheel because they used the 50's style direct drive cast iron starter. You want a 122 tooth flywheel with the center hole (crank register) that fits your engine.
Damn, I forgot about that. Probably because I have never owned or worked on a 60-61 Valiant or Lancer.

They're fairly rare here in the U.S. Only came on a few cars in '63 with that Autolite direct drive starter. I parted out hundreds in my 32 years as a Mopar wrecking yard owner, and saw only 2 in a 1963 model, and just a few in 1962. '60-1 all had them IIRC.

They're fairly rare here in the U.S. Only came on a few cars in '63 with that Autolite direct drive starter. I parted out hundreds in my 32 years as a Mopar wrecking yard owner, and saw only 2 in a 1963 model, and just a few in 1962. '60-1 all had them IIRC.
Was that the same direct drive starter used in Hemi 4-speed cars?

@Charrlie_S - your missing out, Toads rule !

@cudamark - I've not ever seen the early direct drive starter in any "A" body after '61, but my experience is far more limited than yours as far as the number and variety of cars seen.

@ 65 Cuda 340 - Hell no ! A 53 Hemi 3 spd would have used one but to my knowledge zero gen 2 hemi cars used them.

@ 65 Cuda 340 - Hell no ! A 53 Hemi 3 spd would have used one but to my knowledge zero gen 2 hemi cars used them.
No, the early 426 Hemi four speed cars used a direct drive starter. I think through 1969. A friend of mine has a 66 he bought new and it has that funky direct drive starter. Rare, and hard to find parts for.

Edit: To add, my 67 Hemi automatic has the normal Chrysler starter.

-
Back