slant six help!

-

75gold.uster

Reaction score
i recently just got my car started a 75 duster. it wont idle for very long. its starts up and idles then it starts to chug slower and slower untill the whole car just stops. and after gas pours out from the bottom of the carb on to the manifold leaving a steaming puddle... what do i need to do to fix this? ( im new to all this im learning ) i got the car for my 16th birthday

It sounds like the float valve in the carb is bad or the fuel pump is overpowering it. Carb needs rebuilt.

Yeah a carby kit would sort it out and the float level too high or some dirt stuck in the needle and seat usually causes the carby to spit fuel out.

Where are you located? I am in Long Beach.I really enjoy helping out for free newbees as long as they LISTEN.Guzzi Mark

An easy way to tell if the needle and seat are plugged up is to rap right beside the needle and seat and see if there is a change.
Either way, you are in for a carb rebuild, easy and cheap.
If the float is sticking or out of adjustment, that could be your problem too.
You will know when you open it up and do the rebuild.
Good luck,
Tom.

ever try tightening down the carb itself before you go and spend money? while its running spray carb and choke cleaner around the base and if it cuts out you got a leak?

-
Back