Slant six in a Charger

-

Sparky

Reaction score
A fellow here at work was telling all about his 72 Charger with a slant six, I thought, no way, here we go with another one of those
"I used to have" storys. So I looked it up and I,m the dumb arse, they started offering the six in Chargers mid way through 1968.:eek:ops:
who'd a thunk it?

RARE-1969 Slant 6 Charger, 4 SALE! It had a full bare metal restoration to build sheet specs., nothing spared, on a rust free Texas car. All numbers matching, 3 speed manual on column, was featured in Mopars Collectors Guide Magazine Sept., 2008. Runs perfect, Stunning B-3 light blue paint outside, all new B-7 dark blue inside. Build sheet, rare options..."W21"-Road Wheels-Magnum 500, "S13" Heavy Duty Suspension, "M85" Tall bumper guards. 4K miles since restoration in 2002. 20 m.p.g. 1 of 262 made out of 70,000 Chargers built in 1969. In the Chrysler Registry, car #5 of 5 known, 1969 Chargers with a slant 6. The only one registered with a 3 speed. Verified by Galen Govier. Rarer than a Hemi or Daytona Car. You may never see another Slant 6 Charger, very rare. Won many trophies at car shows. Always garaged.
Pictures available to real buyers by e-mail, car in Western Slope area of Colorado. $19,000/ offer.

Attachments

• slant69.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,220
That's a big car for a slant. Did they measure 0-60 with a sun dial?

I had a 68 coronet with a slant six and 3 on the tree. I t wasn't bad. Would take my buddies 305 camaro...lol

I had a 1970 Charger with a slant six , light green poly , with a an interior . I think i checked it one time and they built like 7.

That B3 car is gorgeous! Those big cars need torque to get them moving and slants have a lot of it. I might add that the slant Chargers are quite rare. tmm

guy used to come up to the shows here in detroit with a drop dead all original 1970 challenger orange with buckets and a 3 speed slant six thing needed full resto

Well, a Charger isn't any/ much heavier than a door slammer Belvedere or any other "B", and THEY came with slants. Likewise, at least some Chivvy and I'm sure Ferd full size cars came with 6's

No different than slants in trucks. They won't get you there in a hurry, but they'll always get you there! :) I've actually seen a couple slant 6 4x4s over the years. Those must be pretty lethargic. I've had two slant 2wd Rams, the stick one would get rubber power shifting into second! Lol

1st car: 2 door 68 Satelitte with/6 and 3 on the tree. not a racer but it moved along just fine.

Guy that grew up on my street had a bronze, tan top & interior 69 charger slant 6 auto

Thought it was odd but car was only about 6 or 7 years old.

I saw a slant 6 68 Charger in a california junk yard back in the early 80's. It was a northeast rust bucket. That's the only one that I have ever seen.

RARE-1969 Slant 6 Charger, 4 SALE! It had a full bare metal restoration to build sheet specs., nothing spared, on a rust free Texas car. All numbers matching, 3 speed manual on column, was featured in Mopars Collectors Guide Magazine Sept., 2008. Runs perfect, Stunning B-3 light blue paint outside, all new B-7 dark blue inside. Build sheet, rare options..."W21"-Road Wheels-Magnum 500, "S13" Heavy Duty Suspension, "M85" Tall bumper guards. 4K miles since restoration in 2002. 20 m.p.g. 1 of 262 made out of 70,000 Chargers built in 1969. In the Chrysler Registry, car #5 of 5 known, 1969 Chargers with a slant 6. The only one registered with a 3 speed. Verified by Galen Govier. Rarer than a Hemi or Daytona Car. You may never see another Slant 6 Charger, very rare. Won many trophies at car shows. Always garaged.
Pictures available to real buyers by e-mail, car in Western Slope area of Colorado. $19,000/ offer.

I would love to have this Charger. Talk about a sleeper! I had a friene of mine that bought a 70 Challenger convertible hemi orange white top, PW and power seats and slant six with a column shifted auto!

I would love to have this Charger. Talk about a sleeper! I had a friene of mine that bought a 70 Challenger convertible hemi orange white top, PW and power seats and slant six with a column shifted auto!
its a beautiful charger. i would drive that proudly with a slant

There was a pretty nice 1969 Charger with a slant six for sale at a show in Tennessee last summer. Never saw another one.

No different than slants in trucks. They won't get you there in a hurry, but they'll always get you there! :) I've actually seen a couple slant 6 4x4s over the years. Those must be pretty lethargic. I've had two slant 2wd Rams, the stick one would get rubber power shifting into second! Lol

4x4 slant 6 / 4 speed

Attachments

• new truck pics 003.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 504
Ah ha! So how does she go? I'm not hating on the sixes at all, they have their place and legendary reliability! You had that truck up on kijiji awhile back, didn't you? Nice truck!

Yes but have been driving it all winter, great truck, First is a ***** though, ushally start out in second,LOL

Yep, bull low is pretty much useless most of the time. I'd love another 70s it 80s truck. I'll stop now cuz I'm getting off topic. ;)

My 67 Coronet 440..slant six 3 speed column shift..very rare anymore..check it out..God Bless.Bear R.-

Attachments

• 100_3027.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 352
  • repainted engine 12 24 12.sweet mopar red black rad,starter,wiper motor,etc...jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 371
-
Back