Slant Six OHC on ebay?????

-
Yeah but what's the point? It still has the stock ports in the stock locations. That's the limiting factor. I mean what he engineered is really cool, but I see no power advantage.

Yeah but what's the point? It still has the stock ports in the stock locations. That's the limiting factor. I mean what he engineered is really cool, but I see no power advantage.

everything takes steps... we all talked on .org on what he should do with it and they agreed ebay was the way to go... he seems to be a cool guy.

He built it in 71-72, apparently. So that's kind of crazy. I wish he had a photo of the whole engine, though -- with that giant-*** pulley in front, it's hard to get a sense of what it looks like. Would it even fit under the hood?

thats the back...

The ad mentions a truck timing chain and gear so I'm guessing it has a camshaft in the original location and this is what is driving the distributor.

everything takes steps... we all talked on .org on what he should do with it and they agreed ebay was the way to go... he seems to be a cool guy.

I wasn't debating his coolness. He's obviously ate up with coolness to make something like that. A dumbass could see that. I was just commenting on the fact that the ports were still in the tock location.....and it didn't seem to have been ported. I mean, what was the point other than doing it? Which I guess is as good a reason as any. Cause it's cool no doubt. But what are the advantages if any? Coolness?

I wasn't debating his coolness. He's obviously ate up with coolness to make something like that. A dumbass could see that. I was just commenting on the fact that the ports were still in the tock location.....and it didn't seem to have been ported. I mean, what was the point other than doing it? Which I guess is as good a reason as any. Cause it's cool no doubt. But what are the advantages if any? Coolness?

know i know your wern't... i just ment it would be a first step to make sure the idea worked, then build a complete head with bigger/different ports...

I have to say I sort'a agree with Rusty here. Any improved head, in breathing, valves, ports, chamber design, would pretty much change everything about this cam drive. In other words, nothing of this design would really carry over if the head was re-designed. I frankly see no real advantage to this other than being an interesting exercise in a one off prototype.

And frankly, I don't see a particular advantage in "just having" OHC in a case like this. The cam drive and valve gear on some OHC setups is not necessarily better than a pushrod engine

I have to say I sort'a agree with Rusty here. Any improved head, in breathing, valves, ports, chamber design, would pretty much change everything about this cam drive. In other words, nothing of this design would really carry over if the head was re-designed. I frankly see no real advantage to this other than being an interesting exercise in a one off prototype.

And frankly, I don't see a particular advantage in "just having" OHC in a case like this. The cam drive and valve gear on some OHC setups is not necessarily better than a pushrod engine

but he did it...

All of this misses the point of such an exercise. Now that its done, all the advantages can be maximized. Effectively, the advantage is it opens up some area outside the box.

-
Back