Slant six performance parts

-

Maritimer

Maritimer
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here. I recently purchased a 68 Dart 270 with a slant six 225. I use to have a 69 model years ago with a slant six but never did any performance upgrades before I sold it. But I definitely want to get some performance out of this slant six or do an engine swap. Think I found a 8 3/4 but need alot more stuff. Love the style of the car but I need some performance before paint and rims.

I've been reading posts here and researching online for performance parts. I tried to contact Aussiespeed but they're hard to reach and there's no number to call in the US. I received one email response from Aussie and nothing since I sent two replies. I talked to Clifford no problem but I read alot of stuff that makes me wonder if I want to send money their way. Maybe a swap is the best route.

Any suggestions on who to contact for parts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Maritimer

what performance parts are you looking for,,intakes, headers, valves, pistons, rods, carbs, turbo's, injectors, head work,,,///

there are lots of different sources, depending upon the part

The offy intake still uses the heat riser for good cold weather warm up, Headers are pretty much the same, cams can be had From Comp, Isky, Oregon camshaft (regrinds, cheap!) 500 CFM or 390 4bbl is good size, may try the 400 CFM Holley 4 economizer carb, cheap on Ebay. Mods include Milling head .090, replacing head pipe with a 2.5 inch piece along with the rest of the exhaust, going to a 2bbl intake with carb and kickdown, changing rear off the 2.76 to maybe a 3.31.

its all about how far you want to go...

go you want to run fast at the track or is this a daily that you just want more pep?

No track but would like to get more pep for daily driving for the 6 months a year I drive it.
Plan to miil heads and go to 2 1/2" dual exhaust. Just wondering if I should go with a two or four barrel intake/carb set-up. I've read a 4 barrel is to much unless your dragging. Do I need to change to a 8 3/4 end..I've read different points of view on this.

I'm looking at the Super Six set-up...what kind of HP can I expect with this type of set-up?

Not true with the 4 barrel. A well thought out slant will be happy with one. I plan to run an 800 CFM thermoquad on my long rod 225. In fact, it is already bolted onto the stock 170. Haven't fired it off yet, but it'll be fine. Listen to those who've actually done it.

You'll hear the name "Clifford" come up, but be very careful before you decide to spend any money with Clifford. They have a long and ugly reputation for being a bunch of clowns; see for example here, here, here, here, and here. Much of what they sell is inaccurately described, and a lot of it is not even slightly cost-effective. The good news is that you don't need to go to Clifford to get hot rod parts for slant-6s; there are lots of other, better options. See for example Dutra Duals and header options discussed in this thread and this one, Erson custom cams, HEI ignition upgrade, Mike Jeffreys windage trays, Hurricane intakes, other exotic intakes. Hi-perf engine buildup here, high-perf parts and build info here.

No track but would like to get more pep for daily driving for the 6 months a year I drive it.
Plan to miil heads and go to 2 1/2" dual exhaust. Just wondering if I should go with a two or four barrel intake/carb set-up. I've read a 4 barrel is to much unless your dragging. Do I need to change to a 8 3/4 end..I've read different points of view on this.

I'm looking at the Super Six set-up...what kind of HP can I expect with this type of set-up?

well i would throw a 390 mech secondary on it way faster than a 2 barrel... way more control for the best mileage...

and an 8.25 would be plenty... i would be looking for 3.55 or so depending on if its a hwy cruzer or not...

A gentleman named Frank is the vendor for Aussie Speed here in the US I will send you a PM with his number. I have bought a decent amount of stuff from him and I have always had a great experience. He is a great guy.

Jeff

A gentleman named Frank is the vendor for Aussie Speed here in the US I will send you a PM with his number. I have bought a decent amount of stuff from him and I have always had a great experience. He is a great guy.

Jeff

"He is a great guy."

X-2!

-
Back