Slant six question

-

76ranger

Reaction score
Im in the process of reinstalling a slant six into a 76 plymouth duster. My question is there suppose to be a plant between the trans and motor? Thanks David

"Im in the process of reinstalling a slant six into a 76 plymouth duster. My question is there suppose to be a plant between the trans and motor? Thanks David "

Uh...yea dude,....maybe a pot plant.....uuuh....what was the question???? :tongue10:

Google says: "Did you mean"

308lhyw.jpg

Were you asking about a plate? If so, then your answer is no, there is no plate between the engine and the transmission.

I meant plate. And yes between the trans and motor. This is my first mopar experience , I've always messed with fords and chevys and there has always been a spacer plate between motor and trans David

Engine bolts to transmission bell housing. Inside bell housing is flex plate and converter (if auto) or flywheel, pressure plate/clutch assy. (manual).
Hope this helps,
Frank

Maybe you're thinking about the inspections plate or cover on the bottom or forward end of the auto transmission.

I meant plate. And yes between the trans and motor. This is my first mopar experience , I've always messed with fords and chevys and there has always been a spacer plate between motor and trans David

The only difference between Chovy and Mopar is that Chivy uses a flex plate that has the starter gear on it, so it's round

Mopar uses a flex plate that is "4 pronged" and the starter gear is on the converter

flexplate.jpg

But the factory Mopar plates suck and are weak with any applied torque worth a snot. even with a hot slant, you are likely to break one. I would look at the offerings from B&M. If you get one from them, you will bolt it on and NOT have to worry about again.

Attachments

• 1b33_1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 166
  • dda0_1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 189
-
Back