Slant Six Score!

-
That's my thinking, too. I'm still lookin. LOL

unnamed (4).jpg

Here's a funny one. When I want to Canton to look at and get the Valiant, I was disappointed that it had a 170. Of course, getting it home and getting it runnin, I realized it was very snappy. So when I saw the 170 in this bunch, I was almost jumpin up and down. Kitty said I was like a little kid when I saw the short bypass hose. LOL
170's are getting harder to find. Only made from 1960-1969 (68-69 had the large crank pilot hole). Many cars that were born with a 170 have had 225's swapped in over the years.

No I have six. I already had the 170 that's Vixen's, a spare 170 and the 225 long motor. Now I have three more. lol

Jeez I feel like such a cheapskate. I only have five, to spread around on one running car. :realcrazy:

Jeez I feel like such a cheapskate. I only have five, to spread around on one running car. :realcrazy:
Pikers:)
Six complete running slants
Five on engine stands, in various stages of completion
enough parts to build several more

Last edited:
ummm.... those 198 rods are just junk. I'll take em off your hands then you can build a "stroker" and turn that 198 block into a 225.... just need another 225 crank and a set of 225 rods...... sounds like you have plenty of those to make it happen.... I'll find something to do with the ones from that 198.....

-
Back