Slant Six Turbo cost analysis

-

Bill Dedman

bill dedman
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I want to do an accurate-as-can-be cost analysis as to how much capital is necessary to spend on creating a turbocharged slant six engine in two states of tune; a 300 horsepower, and a 500 horsepower version.

They will both be carbureted, and both utilize as many stock, original components as is practical, to keep costs down.

The 500 hp engine will utilize forged pistons, rods, and be intercooled. The 300 hp version will have stock (cast) pistons, stock rods, and use no intercooler.

I will set up two threads: one for each engine. I don't have unlimited time to give to this project, but I don't think it will take very long to arrive at a number for each finished engine.

I will be soliciting the help of anyone who would like to assist in this endeavor; It's a big job for one guy...

Please feel free to add whatever info you have; it will be more than welcome!

I am guessing, (wild guess off the top of my head,) $4,000.00 for the 300 hp motor and $7,000.00 for the 500 hp version.

We'll see how close I come... :prayer::prayer::prayer:

Subscribed. Different engine builds like this,are great learning curves. Appreciated, B.D.

I would always run an intercooler. IMO more than 50hp added you'll be glad you did. I just did a turbo on my little four cylinder for about 5k with EMS, injectors, etc (tuning for 500hp on e85). I'd imagine you could do it for quite a bit less on a slant six.

-
Back