Slant to 360

-

DusterOnaDime

Reaction score
Hey all, question for you guys. 25 years ago I pulled a small block k frame out of a duster. My 73 had a slant six in it, and my intention was to swap the k members. Now that I’m finally doing it, Im wondering if I need to get different torsion bars or if the ones in it will work. Thanks in advance

Hey all, question for you guys. 25 years ago I pulled a small block k frame out of a duster. My 73 had a slant six in it, and my intention was to swap the k members. Now that I’m finally doing it, Im wondering if I need to get different torsion bars or if the ones in it will work. Thanks in advance
To answer your question directly, no, you do not need to change the bars. I didn't in my '74. However, your driving habits will help you decide that.

Does the car have A/C? If it does/did, those are the same bars as a 318 w/o A/C would have. If it doesn't have A/C with the 6, then you have some really good t-bars for drag racing!

Slant 6 to 360. So you're downgradin. ;)

ran my bars with a one inch air gap between snubber and frame, no problem with bottoming out or crashing header tubes. did have F78-14's on the front at the time. even with 5.60 15's all was good with street driving.

i would strongly recommend upgrading the t-bars to at least V8 spec.

and disc brakes iffin' you don't have thems already.

-
Back