slick way to mount sliders

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I have seen several threads on slider brackets for rear spring eyes. I have heard guys asking where and how to mount them. I have built a pretty easy, cheap, strong and effective way to mount them.

here is the mount i built. it is adjustable forward and reverse in 3/4" increments. I will be notching the rear frame rail and welding this bracket flush with the rear frame rail.

1x3x1/8 wall retangle tube.

I will post more pics when i get them mounted up in the car.

Slick Fabing, mind if I ask, why do you need sliders? Inquiring minds!:burnout:MT

Slick Fabing, mind if I ask, why do you need sliders? Inquiring minds!:burnout:MT

They eliminate the rear shackles thus eliminating the side to side deflection. They also tuck the rear spring eye higher up into the car lowering it slightly. They also offer nearly zero friction and allow the suspension to move more freely.

nice work! I did a similar mod to my swinger years ago. I chose to use 3/8 plate and drill and tap it instead of the tubing. either way will get the job done.

nice work! I did a similar mod to my swinger years ago. I chose to use 3/8 plate and drill and tap it instead of the tubing. either way will get the job done.

I notched the rear frame rail and these sit flush with the bottom of the frame rail now.

I also notched the frame just not as deep. my frame was previously boxed when the springs were moved in. I added the sliders to lower the car and help with issues I was having from the spring hitting the end of shackle travel and unloading the suspension.
sliders are the only way to go in my opinion. the car left like an animal after the install.
only wish I could have done a back to back test.

-
Back