Sloppy monday morning build?

-

dartjack

Reaction score
Been trying to stay out of the recliner on these cold days with inside boring gotta be done anyway stuff. Trying to get the small block transplant K frame cleaned up. Under the layers of dirt and grease are the worst factory welds I"ve ever seen. Looks like they ran out of argon and just kept going. Some joints have welds on one side(L-R) but not the other. That and the knocks and bruises from curbs and such make me wonder if it is straight and true. I don't want to spend a lot of time and energy on a warped piece that won't fit correctly. Big question: Does anyone have the specs on the mount bolts, motor mounts etc so I can have some idea if it is useable?

Thanks.

Pic I hope. Haven't had much luck with pics but I will try again. The pipe is a driver/press for the lca bushing shown. Let you know how it works.

Attachments

• 2014-01-08_15-22-06_672.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 2014-01-08_15-21-33_636.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 172
I cant think of any of the K members that I have ever dealt with that didn't have awful looking welds.

Is that like sloppy seconds?

That big blob at the bottom looks like a dirty dozen up close. Was just hoping to get mounting bolt width spec. Also center for motor mount bolts. It has been beat up from the bottom side also. Couple of "chain tracks" in the lower side. One torsion bar was broken too.

-
Back