Slot cars. Lets see what you have.

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
I know there is a model thread and I have seen a few slot cars here and there in a few places. So I decided to start one that covers only slot cars. Lets see what you all have. Any size is welcome. I have some HO and 1/32.
Here are a few pics of my 1/32. Will get pics of the HO later. Hope you enjoy my pics.

DSCN1500.jpg

My 69 Coronet that I am custom building a chassis for. I will also custom paint it. There were glue marks all over the body.
DSCN1499.jpg

68 Charger with aluminum wheels
DSCN1498.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

My pride and joy :) 68 Coronet R/T with custom EJ's chassis and slotted mags
DSCN1495.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1496.jpg

The old B-s
DSCN1488.jpg

DSCN1490.jpg

My current track
DSCN1484.jpg

More pics
http://s795.photobucket.com/albums/yy231/musclecarprojects/slot cars/

As for H.O. cars. If you haven't heard of MEVs originals, here is a link. http://www.tjets.com His cars are amazing. I have bought a few from him and they are awesome. I have the 69 Dart, two 70 Super Bees, and a 70 Road Runner. They look very nice and are worth the money. He also has a 70 Dart that I need to buy. I have spoke with Mike a few times and two of the cars I have ordered are one offs. He will custom paint them within reason to your specifications. I will get pics of mine this or next week end.

Jeremy

Those are some cool slot cars you've got there, looks like you have some old Eldons in your collection. Here are some custom slot cars i have built. They are 1/32 scale model kits mounted on Scalextric and Carrera chassis.

100_1534.jpg

100_1535.jpg

100_1561.jpg

100_1562.jpg

Ya, mine are mostly Eldon.

Where did you find those 1/32 bodies? I love the Cordoba Charger and the rosco cop car. Want to do another custom? :) I am afraid to paint the my Coronet. I want to go F8 green with a white top and am scared I will mess it all up.

Yours all look very nice. Do you know how to redo the chrome?

Thanks. I have heard that there are some places that can re chrome ,but I am not sure who they are. Most of the model kits I bought years ago, but you can still find them at flea markets or car shows. 1/32 scale models usually sell for a lot less than the 1/25 scale kits. I can help with the paint if you want. I bet you can do a good job yourself though.

I always get in to big of a hurry. :) How much do you think you would want? I would pay for paint and primer and materials.

Just pay for materials and shipping, I don't know if I can find the exact color, but something that is a close match maybe. And as long as you don't mind sending it to a complete stranger.:-D

Let me see about getting the paint for you. No worries. :)

As promised a wile ago, here are some pics of my HO cars and PART of my Grandpas collection. We were over there playing with them a little today. :)

DSCN1501.jpg

These are two MEV's originals. They are both one offs that I ordered. There are a few little things on them that make them different. 70 Runner and 70 Super Bee.
DSCN1502.jpg

Two more MEVs. 70 Bee and a 69 Dart GTS.
DSCN1503.jpg

DSCN1504.jpg

The rest are pics of the other stuff in the hut.
DSCN1505.jpg

DSCN1506.jpg

DSCN1507.jpg

more;
Some of this stuff may be for sale, and we are always willing to trade slot car stuff.
DSCN1529.jpg

DSCN1530.jpg

DSCN1531.jpg

DSCN1532.jpg

DSCN1533.jpg

DSCN1534.jpg

DSCN1535.jpg

More;
DSCN1537.jpg

For Sale, $175 plus S&H
DSCN1540.jpg

DSCN1539.jpg

DSCN1538.jpg

Custom Tyco Semi's
DSCN1542.jpg

DSCN1544.jpg

Emergency equipment.
DSCN1545.jpg

Thats about half of the cars. He has several hundred more locked up. If you all want to see them, let me know and I will get pics next time I go over there. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

cool stuff. there are a few platers that can rechrome model parts, but if you have an airbrush, theres a product called alclad II. its available in most hobby shops and online. it takes some practice, but it does the job really well

I had no idea these were still around. One of my first jobs back in the late 1960's was helping build a 1/24th scale track in Delray Beach, Fl. very similar to the ones in the link at the bottom ( Slot Car City ) The hottest one back then was the La Cucaracha, of course you had to drop a Mura motor in it. I went on to winding, balancing and epoxing my own armatures which were very strong but usually only lasted 20 minutes but won many races and usually came off the track smoking or caused a small fire. Progressed on to building piano wire chassis cars and won many races. Man, the hours on Friday night and Saturdays I spent at the track are one of my best memories.

Thanks for the blast from the past.
Jim

WOW!
I'm not going to even bother showing the 6 HO cars I've saved from my childhood in the 60's. I'm pretty sure I saw them in grandpa's collection already posted!!! LOL!!! Even my prized yellow Ferd F-150!8)
Awesome stuff!!!!:cheers:

Always loved running the ones with light up headlights in the dark!

Great stuff and nice collections. I just scored SGBARRACUDAS cars from his youth. Check these out. I will take some more pics and post.

slotcars.jpg

Awesome collections!!! You and your grandfather have quite the collection of slot cars and trains. I'll have to take some pictures of my H O slot cars, I've got a few hundred of them.

Here are a few more 1/32 scale slot cars using model car bodies on Scalextric chassis.The 65 Grand Prix is an old IMC kit. The other Pontiac's are Monogram kits.

Picture 116.jpg

Picture 118.jpg

Picture 119.jpg

Picture 120.jpg

Awesome stuff guys! I love the 1/32 scale model converted to slots.

Don't get me started on this. I just moved and most of my stuff is still packed. Also I have sold a lot of it in the last three years but still have way too much. Some of the vintage cars in these pics are worth a lot of money, like the cars in post #12.

There's a lot of great stuff available right now that doesn't cost too much $ like this 1/32 '70 AAR Cuda -> http://www.homeracingworld.com/scxcuda.htm

I am speechless! Uh DANG! I have a couple AFX Cars from the early seventies thats about it. Uh Dang thats alot of stuff!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few more 1/32 model conversions. Revell Ford Maverick on Scalextric chassis, AMT Avanti on a Scalextric chassis, and an old Aurora Barracuda slot car body that I salvaged.I opened up the wheel wells and added the fender flairs and it is mounted on a Slot It chassis.

Picture 121.jpg

Picture 122.jpg

Picture 123.jpg

Picture 126.jpg

Picture 127.jpg

-
Back