Slot cars. Lets see what you have.

-
The frame below is under the 71 RR
I'll get a few better pics off my laptop

RR chassis.jpg

rr chassis 2.jpg

rr rear and lrw.jpg

15142_1089519376894_1793763363_191704_1745457_n.jpg

Nice work!!! My father used to build his own chassis back in the 60's.
Thanks,
I have more, but the pictures are on the lap top, I'll go fish them out.
What happened to the cars your Dad made?

You can see my Demon sitting behind the RR in the last picture

Awesome stuff guys. Thanks for the complements on mine and my Grandpas collections. It has been fun growing up around all that stuff. My Cousin (in the pics) is 10 and is a pretty good racer. Still has a little learning. But I bet he could whoop allot of people three times his age. I like the HO stuff allot more than the 1/32 scale stuff. I may sell or trade all of my 1/32 stuff for HO stuff. If anyone is interested. Let me know.

Thanks again for the pics guys, and lets keep them coming. :)

Thanks,
I have more, but the pictures are on the lap top, I'll go fish them out.
What happened to the cars your Dad made?

You can see my Demon sitting behind the RR in the last picture
My father gave them to me a few years ago, along with some 1/32 scale cars from the 60's and a bunch of HO cars.

It's a blast watching some of the younger generation whipp the older guys.
The track record holder is a 14 yr old, most of the other racers are 30- 40+.

You guys have some nice cars, I wish I hadn't let the kids play with and break a bunch of my HO's, Like the woody, Tank and Top fuel Dragster. along with the rest of them, at least 20.

Here's a couple of HO slot car conversions done with a couple of Johnny Lightning slot cars. I scratch built the AAR Cuda hood scoop and also made the front and rear spoilers. I made the front spoiler on the Challenger. I can't remember who made the decals.

Picture 020.jpg

Is that a Scalextric track that your running on? I have one of the Carrera tracks for the house.
What does the layout look like?

I will try to get pics of the real good stuff this weekend. My Grandpa has made several customs. He has turned some into 4x4's. He has made bodies, and several other things. He has a Big Ryder set too that has never been set up. Theres SOOO much more that is not in the pics.

I agree. It's fun watching the younguns beat on the old guys. I have taught my cousin allot about racing. I am the oldest grandchild and have spent many many hours out there since before I can remember.

The custom stuff is always the funnest to see. Its all one off.

Here are pics of the two sets that I have in their box as well as the extra white track with bank curve.
slotcars001.jpg

slotcars005.jpg

slotcars002.jpg

slotcars004.jpg

slotcars003.jpg

I've got a few Eldon sets. Never was wild about the track though. I run some of the cars on the modern track but you gotta be careful not to burn the motors out.

Carrera Road Runner body. Stripped off the original paint and repainted lime green with black roof, and mounted on Scalextric chassis.

Picture 128.jpg

Picture 129.jpg

cool I still have a ton of AFX track , the cars are long gone but saw alot of old friends in the pics Thats what kids did in the early 70's, that pistol grip controler was a Play station back in the day

Here's a couple I picked up at flea markets.

-
Back