Slot cars. Lets see what you have.

-
Okay, we'll try again with resized photos.

100_3363 (Medium).JPG

100_3364 (Medium).JPG

I've been accumulating ll kinds of slot stuff for a really long time. I've gotten rid of a lot and I can't take pictures of hat I have left becasue I just moved and just don't havethe time for it (well that's what I'm told). But I did find some pics I had in photbucket and I'll post then in the next few days.

I sold this about two years. It was a Mopar promotional drag set - I love the art work!

e6_1.jpg

Many moons ago...longer that I care to remember I worked part time at Sears and for the Christmas season I responsible for the trains and slot car display and sales. I dont know if you remember they used to have the very large molded AFX factory plastic displays, roughly 4x8 and I was able to keep 3 of the them over the years. Two have since disappeared over military moves but I still have one with all the track including specialized track pieces as well as the factory G Force factory display cases. Will try and find them in the attic

I was given a set but the box was heavily damaged. The set went into the shed and I have no idea if it's still there or not. It was an Aurora AFX set and I believe it was Jackie Stewart on the box. The picture showed a 3rd Gen Charger and a Superbird I believe it was racing.

What a flashback i wish i still had my afxs i had close to 100 cars and we had a track we built in a friends screen porch that covered 4 full pingpong tables spread out so you would have a hole in the middle to reach the inner lanes the track was 8 lines wide full banks with a road course in the middle and a ho scale railroad incorprated in it too. My father sold hobbies and crafts so i got lots of stuff his dealers returned due to defects i fixed them up and used the heck out of them.

Just started some slot car racing to make up not being able to go track during winter. It is 1/24 scale. May build a dart next.
039e5491.jpg

cb5f4efe.jpg

2d82c498.jpg

Troy

These are 1/24 scale. I still have some decent track, but no controllers or power supply. They'll probably run on the new stuff but I'm really not into racing them anymore. Those old 1/64 scale Aurora A/FXers bring me back. My brother and I used to have a bunch of cool AFX stuff. They're all long gone now. I didn't even know some of that Mopar stuff even existed. Thanks for posting this thread.

Attachments

• no 26 1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 70
  • no 26 2.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 83
  • no 26 3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 80
  • vette 1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 79
  • vette 2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 95
  • vette 3.jpg