Slot Mag Question

-
ET Unilug IV mag wheel. These are probably the best of the unilug design wheels as far as safety is concerned, just retorque several times after running them until they take a full seat. They require their own ET specific lugs and washers, available in closed or acorn style lugs on eBay and other vendors.
E-T Uni Lugs & Washers
If theyr'e a 5.5 width, a 195-70R14 makes a nice front runner.
Yokohama Tires 110135603 Yokohama Y356 Tires | Summit Racing
Thanks for the feedback! So I could use these with my 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern?

Here we have it. TWO brand new Indy mags, one with about 5 minutes of work done to it and the other fresh out of the box for photos. I think from here I can give it a very light polish and match the fronts.

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

You never said what look you want. With that wide of a wheel, it will generally be a reverse or very negative offset.
This will not clear a stock with rear axle at factory height without rubbing.
So either you will need a higher arch rear spring setup and longer shocks or a narrower axle to keep them in the fenderwell and the rear end down.
If you insist on this setup there should be local custom wheel sellers and wheel repair shops in your area that do wheel polishing.
I sold E-T Mags in the mid seventies. They were a good, high quality wheel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! So I could use these with my 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern?
Yes. The offset washers fit either the 4-1/2 inch wheel pattern if turned in toward the hub and they fit the 5 inch wheel pattern wheels if turned with the holes to towards the outside of the rim. I do reccomend hubcentric aluminum rings for positive location of them. That will probably require you to hone the inner hub bore for them to fit. Mine were a 3-3/8 bore and I honed them with a three stone cylinder hone to fit a 71.5 to 87.1 (3.43 O.D.) (about .030 per side) hub ring.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09F699HSZ/?tag=fabo03-20

Here we have it. TWO brand new Indy mags, one with about 5 minutes of work done to it and the other fresh out of the box for photos. I think from here I can give it a very light polish and match the fronts.

View attachment 1716278897

View attachment 1716278898
The Indy mag right out of the box isn’t near shiny as it looks online. I’m probably going to buy the 15 x 5 US Indy mag and hope I can get my back rims, which turned out to be 15 x 10 polished enough to match. Thanks for posting those pictures for me!

You never said what look you want. With that wide of a wheel, it will generally be a reverse or very negative offset.
This will not clear a stock with rear axle at factory height without rubbing.
So either you will need a higher arch rear spring setup and longer shocks or a narrower axle to keep them in the fenderwell and the rear end down.
If you insist on this setup there should be local custom wheel sellers and wheel repair shops in your area that do wheel polishing.
I sold E-T Mags in the mid seventies. They were a good, high quality wheel.
So I’m going for the mid-70s look, 295 size tires in the back, sticking slightly outside of the fender well. The previous owner put in leaf springs that have five separate leafs in them. I’m also installing polyurethane bushings into the leaf springs. Suspension will be stout enough that the car shouldn’t have too much body roll. The car sits high enough now that a 27 or 28 inch tall tire should fit without hitting the fender lip. Not everyone’s look, for sure, but I wanted to build a 70s type street freak. I have a nicely built 383 that will be going in hopefully in the next few months.

The Indy mag right out of the box isn’t near shiny as it looks online. I’m probably going to buy the 15 x 5 US Indy mag and hope I can get my back rims, which turned out to be 15 x 10 polished enough to match. Thanks for posting those pictures for me!

They’re fairly shiny in person. I dulled it down and removed whatever coating they have in about 20 seconds, then wet sanded it evenly with 00 steel wool. 20 seconds with the “aluminum brightener” (its an acid) then wash the wheels real good then buff/polish to match your other wheels.

IMG_8292.png

The rim will have a DOT approved and the brand cast into the wheel. It will bee around the center part of the rim so it doeswn't interfere wwith stick on wheel weights.

Here's what they look like in the wild.

2316C2F8-DFEA-41C0-BCD7-E1BD6E1E2CF0.jpeg

497A237D-2FED-4ACC-9979-8B0D45B8A0FE.jpeg

They have a good amount of shine to them.

Last edited:
The rim will have a DOT approved and the brand cast into the wheel. It will bee around the center part of the rim so it doeswn't interfere wwith stick on wheel weights.

-
Back