Slow cuda 68 help plz

-
What is the mile per hour at the end of the quarter mile for each? the speed reflects horsepower.........If the latest one is faster (higher MPH) then it is a traction problem.
what is the timing set at? initial and total?
I have a mild, mid level 318, and mines set at 15 initial and 34-38 total depending on the situation.

Get yourself a Edelbrock performer intake,the ld340 ports are much larger then the small 318 ports,this will effect your performance also...

He should be fine with that cam 'maybe not ideal for the compression' but that cam with 4* advance and a performer ,'it matches the port size and keeps the air speed up', and gear '3.73' should not slow you down.
That cam is definitely the limit '+a hair' for that low compression 318.

And for those who want to speed up the advance curve with no denero$, try just removing the big slotted spring and only running the smaller factory one.

3.2 gears and too large a cam. I know it's not easy where you live (not continental US, right?) but you need to either stick some lower gear in it (and NOT with welded spiders, if I read that right) like something near 4.10 or 4.30:1, then it will pick up. Also, I'm not a fan of the Weiand intake. I'd use a std Performer (318 sized ports) intake on it. Dont add 340/360 dsign heads, it will get worse. You need to get the engine up in the rpms where that cam will work for you, instead of against you.

-
Back