-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardJ916

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
It is two pieces what one do you need. The bolts on the lower are 5/16 . The front cover takes two 1/4 and one 5/16. There are some that take three 1/4. The two lower 1/4 bolts on the front dust cover are very short. here are some pics of the covers

Attachments

• Picture 419.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 765
Thank you very much for supplying that link. I've been looking for a starter shield to put on my 4-speed.

-Mike

That is not the right part....
Here is a picture of the part I am looking for.....

Not sure what your part is for but I need this part....

Attachments

• Small_Block_10_5_4a5ca01f4f0f9.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 692
Here's some pics of my set up in the car.

Attachments

• 20121220_39.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 665
  • 20121220_35.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 606
  • 20121220_40.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 604
  • 20121220_43.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 629
  • 20121220_38.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 642
That is on the bottom of the bell and is what I refered to as the lower cover ii is the inspection cover. The other I refered to as the front cover is a dust shield. If you can get a new inspection cover for that price shipped go for it. Most all used have scratches or dents from being bottomed.

Dartnut.. Did you know that the bolt with the locking slots on your adjuster is on backward. These slots lock on the bevel in the washer to eliminate a lock nut as you have. There is nothing wrong with a lock nut. It is just easier to adjust it without one. Just some freindly advise to all. Steve

Hi I am the other guy . That cover you asked for is in those pics also. It is on the bottom of the bell . If you would have looked. The pic was to show you I had what you needed. including all factory bolts. And tons of extras. Since he has what you need maybe he can take them from his car for you. Sorry I couldn't help, Good luck in your build. I usually only sell to members who post in want adds. Then I know they need the parts for their car. Well at least I offered. have a nice day and do not PM me. Steve

Now that is what I am looking for. Not sure what the picture was the other guy sent.

I can buy a new one but the bolts dont come with the Plate....

Thanks

Dartnut.. Did you know that the bolt with the locking slots on your adjuster is on backward. These slots lock on the bevel in the washer to eliminate a lock nut as you have. There is nothing wrong with a lock nut. It is just easier to adjust it without one. Just some freindly advise to all. Steve

Thanks.....i'll fix it today.
I kind of wondered about that. It makes sense that the reliefs in the nut would push against the washer and lock it to the rod better. I took the rod out of the package and it was on this way so i installed it as assembled.
I guess i was too dumb to look at the FSM........:D
That's what i like about this site, people helping others out.

Now that is what I am looking for. Not sure what the picture was the other guy sent.

I can buy a new one but the bolts dont come with the Plate....

Thanks

My set up isn't for sale, it was for reference only......
I would buy the cover new if it's only 49 bucks.
You should be able to find some bolts pretty easily on a junk engine, such as the valve cover bolts etc. Keep pulling bolts until you find the length and size you need.
Go to the junkyard and have a bolt pulling party! :cheers:

Hi I am the other guy . That cover you asked for is in those pics also. It is on the bottom of the bell . If you would have looked. The pic was to show you I had what you needed. including all factory bolts. And tons of extras. Since he has what you need maybe he can take them from his car for you. Sorry I couldn't help, Good luck in your build. I usually only sell to members who post in want adds. Then I know they need the parts for their car. Well at least I offered. have a nice day and do not PM me. Steve

Thanks for beeing so kind in offering the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back