Small block aluminum heads...

-

Sublime69

Reaction score
What are some options as far a aluminum small block heads? I trying to see what the best would be for my procharged small block project.

I have a set of magnum heads that are at the machine shop as we speak getting bigger valves, valve job and bigger springs. But i decided to go a different route... I f anyone is interested in the magnum heads let me know. $650 with rockers.

Thanks

Go commandos they are offered in 177ccs and 190ccs and will flow like the Big blocks with the valve size that they come with. If you would like some pics e-mail me and I'll send you some.

BJR Racing

Ethier of the comandos can suite the need. The 177's are terifc street heads that can flow like a facet. IF your looking to whoop some butt and paste the comp? Go big port comandos. With that supercharger and those preped heads, you'll be putting major fear (Or stinky poop) in there shorts.

I see the HP junky in you is OK with it's current fix...He he he LOL :drinkers: :tongue3:

Commandos are made by Mopar Performance. I have yet to see one personally, but only hear good about them. There are some unique things tho. Special rockers and stuff for the big port versions. In terms of $$, what do you want to spend? If you're looking for a decent set for under $2000, then the only ones really are Edelbrock LA style. The new Edelbrock Magnum RPM heads look decent too, but are also untried. With a turbo, I'd think the bigger the better. The Indys are a good head, and while look more expensive, come as a kit. So the intake, pushrods, rockers, and hardware are included. The lowest level deal would be a set of the Indy Edelbrocks with the revised intake port. I think Mancini has them for under $2500 as a complete kit. You may want to talk to them tho,the valves and springs may not be up to what you want to do.

moper, the mopar comando heads use W-2 rocker gear, like the Edel./Indy head. I'm preety sure of this.

According to the mancini site, the Indy-brocks use 440 rockers..not sure how they did that, but they will still use std LA intakes and headers, the same is not true of W2s. I'm looking at the whole top end cost, trying to keep it apples to apples.

The 177cc heads take all stock equipment valves, intakes, and such. The 190 cc heads take the W-2, W-5 stuff with stock length valves for low lifts and long valves for high lifts, both take the standard intakes. They are light years ahead of the edelbrocks, but you get what you pay for.

BJR Racing

Moper, I sit corrected. Your right now that you printed it. I remember now. Ya, Indy did something to adjust for it.

i am realy intrested in the big port comando heads , but who makes roller rockers for those? i have been looking around some and still havent found any:(

Comp., Crane, Harland Sharp, any manufacture that makes rockers for a W-2, W-5 are the same. The 177cc heads take stock rockers no offset.

BJR Racing

ok thanks BJR racing, have too look more into there catalogs then! i am looking for the large port heads ;)

Edit: checked cranes website and found them but those rockers are not sold as a kit, do you think its possible to use there offset intake rockers with the rockershafts and exhaust rockers i already have? i have crane goldrace rockers right now..
sorry for hijjacking this thread but i gues this could bee worth knowing for anyone else that is looking for the largeport comando heads...

I was just surfing the Summit site..type in mopar performance rocker arms..And a whole bunch come up. Different ratios, bushed and un bushed, different offsets (which according to the MP website the big port commandos need...) Just keep looking..it's all there. take those part numbers (the MP ones) and try other websites, I'm sure you can find them for a similar cost, or a little less.

checked cranes website and found them but those rockers are not sold as a kit,
LOL, yes they are or they would have a hard time getting rid of them. You just missed it. Jegs, Summit, Mancini racin sells the Cranes.

had a look in the BIG Crane master catalog at work and found the rockers i was looking for and it seems like i can order the offset intake rockers only and use them with my curent exhaust rockers and rockers shafts:)
for mee its easier to find the parts i am looking for in a paper catalog with all the neaded information than it is to find it in cyberspace:( must be just me liking papercatalogs...

I'm with you! I like the catalogs also, at least they dont ask for your phone #.........lol
The catalogs also offer the specs where as the computers dont, if you have a problem finding the parts that you need just IM me and I'll send you a link or phone #.

BJR Racing

thanks alot BJR Racing! i will mail you if i have a problem finding something, calling could bee alitle expensive since i gues we are on diferent sides of the atlantic ocean ;)
i can find most information at work in those big catalogs but not everything i need so i realy apreciate your ofer!

BJR Racing said:
Go commandos they are offered in 177ccs and 190ccs and will flow like the Big blocks with the valve size that they come with. If you would like some pics e-mail me and I'll send you some.

BJR Racing

SEND ME SOME PIC PLZ IN LOOKING TO GET A SET
THX :thumbrig: :p

-
Back