Small block bell

-

GTSDustin

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking for small block bell housing to convert his 70 dart swinger to a 4 speed. I was wondering what all bellhousings would work. Does it have to be a-body? Could it be a 1/2 ton truck? Thanks

x2
Or use the part numbers off brewers site and look around at swap meets and such.
The biggest thing to look for in used bells are stripped threads and cracks.

In my white car it has the 833 O/D tranny. It's the same small block bell housing they were using in an A Body during 1975-1976. The main difference between the bell housings is the bearing retainer size.

I checked Brewers because thats where I get all my stuff usaully. But they were high! I know you can find one for 100 bucks, especially a SB. He's going to look at the Duster he got the pedals and hump out of, thinks it still had a bellhousing. He just didnt take it at the time because he already had one, so he thought lol. Somebody sold him a 3/4 ton truck bell..Thanks for all the help. I usually deal with big blocks, so I wasnt sure what all bells would intetrchange for a sb abody.

Unless you get a kick out of making things fit, you'll want to get a bell housing that matches the car, the transmission you're going to use, and the flywheel. Have you bought the other parts yet? If so, which ones did you get?

-
Back