small block belt arrangement?

-

titan

Reaction score
Hi, I am puting together a 340 and need to know the orientation of the belts. I have power steering, aluminum water pump,2-groove crank pulley, single groove water pump pulley.does the power steering belt go on the rear groove of crank pulley(closest to engine)? looks like it to me, but all of the water pump pulleys I have are the same( 2 1/8 deep) which also lines up with the front groove as the P.S. does. do I just need a deeper W.P. pulley(would need a pulley about 3/4 deeper to line up with rear groove)sound right?

You might need a 2 groove water pump pulley,I have one on my 340 with an aluminum water pump,make sure you pulleys are aligned properly too

I just finished mine, powersteering belt goes behind the alternator belt. I believe the only time you need a two pulley water pump pulley is if you have AC. and try to snag all your pulleys off of one engine, mixing and matching might not work. thats the only thing about mopars that confuse me, they used soooo many parts over the years that it's hard to find the right part.

I used a 73 318 as a doner for pulleys for my 360. The inner groove on the crank goes with the water pump and alternator. The outer groove was for the power steering pump.

Yea, it sounds like I need a deeper single groove water pump pulley. got one coming off E-bay. got quite a collection of wrong pulleys going on here. Thanks

-
Back