• small block

Votes: 67 39.2%
  • big block

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Gen3 hemi

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
-
I'm going big block stroker- based off a 440 block- 500 cubic inches -- indy stroker kit with indy top end.. Should make about 650-700hp -street car

One thing that disappoints me about the late model Hemi's is the lack of camshaft sound. You know, that idle chop that makes these old cars sound racy. The Gen 3 's idle so evenly. I would go small block myself.

You can get that sound with a 5.7 but there isn't enough piston to valve clearance with stock 6.1 pistons to get it.
[ame]https://youtu.be/2fRI6GlxmdU[/ame]

I'am fitting a Gen 2 GTS Viper engine in a 67 Barracuda Convertible with twin T35 Turbos behind diff 10 pound boost will deliver approximately 750 rear wheel pony's. With on internal mods or injector changes

It depends what you want it for, how much money you have, what car it's going to go into. If you plan on going around corners, unless you're going with an aluminum big block; you will probably be best off with one of the other two.

How fast do you want to go? Or how fast is fast enough to be satisfied with it for a while?

-
Back