Small block bottom build horsepower limit

-
Seen this kit used on the boobtube, I thought it was interesting. Makes me wonder how much a machine shop would charge to do them.

WydendorfMachine.com - Wydendorf Machine
That would be a perfect way to ruin a good block. I suspect the shop trying to sell you that hasn't bothered to probe a lifter bore and tell you how far out of true it is. With that backyard system, you can follow the original lifter bore, which IS off, and put a bushing in there even more crooked than the factory did. Not to mention you good get your block machined and bushed CORRECTLY for less than the cost of that Mickey mouse setup.

you need to look in the mirror pal. You hate admitting being wrong. This little back and forth proves it.
Just happened to be someone who was friends with the engine builder watching you put your foot in your mouth…lol..

I dont very often( rarely) call someone a liar. Joe Biden yep.
If I called you a liar, must have been a good reason for it. Dredge up where I said it, let’s look into it instead of you whining like a child and throwing it out there every month or so.
You of all people shouldn’t point fingers about how many laps somebody is making or not making

You know you did so Dont lie. It was about one of your idols Doctor J the rip off artist. I screenshot those posts for my record and my record only. You are a fat, do nothing, used car salesman.

Where exactly is he "wrong"? That high power exotic engine isn't even as fast as pb racers flat tappet 360

Read what he said again, said it wouldnt
last racing it at all. “ It wouldn’t survive one of my race seasons”
John has a light car, and the last few years hasn’t raced all that much, probably less than me( except this year this far).
This guy races at a track elevation of 6000 feet, you may have missed that.

John has a light car, and the last few years hasn’t raced all that much, probably less than me( except this year this far).

I’ve raced less than you. I ran four races in one weekend two weeks ago jerk-off. Lol I don’t race one day and go home

You know you did so Dont lie. It was about one of your idols Doctor J the rip off artist. I screenshot those posts for my record and my record only. You are a fat, do nothing, used car salesman.
Haha. Listen to you. 60 something year old man who I believed I have heard is a Christian talking about somebody he at best barely knows.

John has probably made more passes THIS season than your buddy has in the last 5. That's what I think he was getting at. And if the elevation is the excuse, post the rest of the particulars of these passes, I'm open minded!

I’ve raced less than you. I ran four races in one weekend two weeks ago jerk-off. Lol I don’t race one day and go home

Have you even made round three this year yet?
rounds don’t add up quick when you single enter, get one time hit, and go out first or second round.
Your a big bag of hot air, you might fool some of the people around here..lol

Have you even made round three this year yet?
rounds don’t add up quick when you single enter, get one time hit, and go out first or second round.
Your a big bag of hot air, you might fool some of the people around here..lol

We have your number. Go sell a car on your wife’s car lot. Weekend Mopar race at Dragway 42 this weekend. I hear you may race Saturday and go home. Lol.

John has probably made more passes THIS season than your buddy has in the last 5. That's what I think he was getting at. And if the elevation is the excuse, post the rest of the particulars of these passes, I'm open minded!

Guy, I don’t really care. PBR made a very non tasteful comment about a friend of mines motor. I knew it had been in a car a while.
He got his dick caught in his zipper. Not the first time.
And the guy out in Nevada isn’t my buddy. Just a guy who bought the motor and is racing it. Never met the guy.

Guy, I don’t really care. PBR made a very non tasteful comment about a friend of mines motor. I knew it had been in a car a while.
And the guy out in Nevada isn’t my buddy. Just a guy who bought the motor and is racing it. Never met the guy.
Ok, as a engine builder, I'm just curious to know the particular details of what it runs. If there is no actual data to back it up, so be it. I'm not concerned about pbr, he can speak for himself, but his results are all over this site, for all to see. He gets more out of his builds than most, that's gotta say something

You always come across like you know something but you Dont know crap. I asked for more details but you know nothing. Big deal it made a few 6.60 passes. Stop the presses.

You always come across like you know something but you Dont know crap. I asked for more details but you know nothing. Big deal it made a few 6.60 passes. Stop the presses.

I knew it was in a car being raced for the second season, you didn’t.
My wife’s car lot..lol You are putting your ignorance out there for all to see.
I know you know many people that I know. Ask them who’s car lot this is.
Every dime that started this business was mine. Cant expect a factory rat to have a clue why we did things the way we did them, so I won’t waste keystrokes helping you figure it out.
14 years in business, took a 150,000 dollar hit while we were forced to be closed by Covid. 14 previous years as General manager of a GM dealership
Prior to that 16 years between the military and a civilian company as a Field Engineer for a computer hardware company troubleshooting mainframes and peripherals.
Very proud of my work history.
And unlike you, whining about lack of funds, I still work 6 days a week and have along with the wife a 501c3 charity that provides LOTS of shoes for needy children. Easy to look up.
Your a jealous big bag of wind.

I haven’t found the limit of a stock block yet. I will say I race more than most on here and I’m on my second year with this 408. With me in the car it’s gone several 6.01-6.02 passes in Pa and Ohio with 1600-3200 altitude. At 2850 pounds and 113 mph speeds in the 1/8 it should be a hair over 600 horsepower. I know it would go a 9.30 if not better in the 1/4. Not one fancy trick in this block just attention to details. It has gone a 5.98 but my son was driving and he’s lighter.

1/8th Mile ET-MPH-HP Calculator
Your racing approach is same to ours. Our car is 2900#'s and looking run high 9's on the quarter mile. And we race every 2 to 3 weeks....

Hence the reason I made this tread. If it is worth spending a bunch of money on top end, and being limited by a stock engine block.

Man, I'm glad I retired.
It's very hard to remain humble.

So no actual data.....thanks

He has nothing. It’s been in the car for two years but zero idea if it has 10 passes on it or 50. His wife runs that household. Lol. He’s like those guys that like to throw names out there that he knows. I do know he know Mr Dunkin Donuts by first name. He complains his car is heavy with his fat butt in there. Lol

That would be a perfect way to ruin a good block. I suspect the shop trying to sell you that hasn't bothered to probe a lifter bore and tell you how far out of true it is. With that backyard system, you can follow the original lifter bore, which IS off, and put a bushing in there even more crooked than the factory did. Not to mention you good get your block machined and bushed CORRECTLY for less than the cost of that Mickey mouse setup.

Fair enough, thanks for the info. What’s the ballpark for bushed lifter bores in your shop if you don’t mind my asking.

So no actual data.....thanks

If you’re actually that curious, call Jack Barna, the owner at Valley performance. He probably has a good idea how much the guy races.
I never said I knew the guys racing history, just know it’s on its srcond season in the car. Unlike others, I am not gonna assume the guy doesn’t get out much, to fit a certain posters narrative. I don’t know, not really that curious.
I do know Jack had intended to put it in his B body 66 3500 pound Wagon and said it would run mid 9’s. He is a very knowledgeable chap, and very good racer. Known him and his dad and the cars they have raced for over 20 years.

If you’re actually that curious, call Jack Barna, the owner at Valley performance. He probably has a good idea how much the guy races.
I never said I knew the guys racing history, just know it’s on its srcond season in the car. Unlike others, I am not gonna assume the guy doesn’t get out much, to fit a certain posters narrative. I don’t know, not really that curious.
I do know Jack had intended to put it in his B body 66 3500 pound Wagon and said it would run mid 9’s. He is a very knowledgeable chap, and very good racer. Known him and his dad and the cars they have raced for over 20 years.
I'm not gonna call anybody. I asked YOU to provide the BASIC info on how this engine, that YOU have bragged about performs. You CANT, so I'm fine with that. End of discussion

Well.. i'm using a unknown mileage 318 bottom end that i'm not even pulling the caps to look at bearings.. so i know how this will end :) cyls look good, and no discoloration or anything i can visually see on the rods or anything. Literally just bought it to get the car movable and work out bugs before building a long term motor.. if it makes 300hp it will be shocking :)

P.S. i have a weird thing bout pulling main/rod caps that have been together for years just to check stuff... i know it shouldn't be a issue but hate to disturb things like that
Not checking the rod bearings , you definitely wouldn't be touching any of my stuff

Not checking the rod bearings , you definitely wouldn't be touching any of my stuff
wouldn't want to :) And i have no reason to check them.. it was a running motor, i'm just using to get a car movable and will actually build a new bottom end over winter (machine shop was backed up all summer) so i'm not that worried bout it.

I'm not gonna call anybody. I asked YOU to provide the BASIC info on how this engine, that YOU have bragged about performs. You CANT, so I'm fine with that. End of discussion

I just happen to be friends with the guy who built it. Any Mopar guy should think it’s a cool piece. Nothing to brag about, I didn’t build it or race it. Just trying to give the builder praise, he put a lot of work into it.
Doubt anyone on here but me knows the guy, he is local to me. Nice guy.
Sorry that bothers you

-
Back