Small Block Crank Pulley

-

1320duster

Reaction score
my question is will a crank pulley fit a small block if it came off of a Big block , I am wanting to buy a Mandrel and Aerospace only makes one for BB, and yes i know moroso makes one but its 3 time the price,,thanks for any info and help:banghead:

There are two bolt patterns for crank pulleys. Symetrical and offset. You have to find out what you have and match it. You also have to pay attention to the depth of the pulleys. If the grooves don't line up, you will throw the belts at high rpm....

There are two bolt patterns for crank pulleys. Symetrical and offset. You have to find out what you have and match it. You also have to pay attention to the depth of the pulleys. If the grooves don't line up, you will throw the belts at high rpm....

Right on the mark. I used a BB pulley on my SB on the break in stand because that's all I had and after searching high and low couldn't come up with a water pump pulley that lined up. Had to use a spacer. In the end I wished I had just bought a SB pulley. Time is money

thanks for the input guys , i have a race car so electric water pump is being used and custom alt bracket , so pulley alignment isnt a problem , i also have Vacumm pump which is why i need a mandrel,, thanks alot for quick resonse and help

I bought a Mandrel from Jegs, for BB and it works fine !!!!
Good to know.
I bought my damper from ATI with the BBC bolt pattern because it opens up a ton of options for drive parts and they are 1/2 price of MoPar stuff.

Good to know.
I bought my damper from ATI with the BBC bolt pattern because it opens up a ton of options for drive parts and they are 1/2 price of MoPar stuff.

BBC is the same snout size i.d. and o.d.? Or is this a custom balancer they make with just BBC bolt pattern?

Yeah.....it's just the bolt pattern and register at the end of the bore that is BBC. The rest .......well it's a 7" body with a SB MoPar steel hub.
The body has the BBC pattern , but I could easily throw a different body on this hub depending on what I was trying to accomplish.

Yeah.....it's just the bolt pattern and register at the end of the bore that is BBC. The rest .......well it's a 7" body with a SB MoPar steel hub.
The body has the BBC pattern , but I could easily throw a different body on this hub depending on what I was trying to accomplish.

Cool. I didn't know they were making them like that.

My ATI has the small block chevy pattern on it. My thought was that this would make getting pulleys cheap and easy...problem is, SB chevy pulleys don't have a hole in the center big enough for the Mopar balancer bolt to fit through...so, I had to make a bunch of mods to make it work...live and learn, story of my life :D.

My ATI has the small block chevy pattern on it. My thought was that this would make getting pulleys cheap and easy...problem is, SB chevy pulleys don't have a hole in the center big enough for the Mopar balancer bolt to fit through...so, I had to make a bunch of mods to make it work...live and learn, story of my life :D.
ARP 12 point balancer bolt is what I have.
It has a large flange and is still smaller in dia. than a stock bolt I think.
They don't give them away......I think it was about 27.00 , but it worked.

-
Back