Small block heads with no casting numbers

-
All open chamber production heads are smog heads. Ain't no exceptions that I know of.
Generally speaking..... though.... some consider the ones with the emission ports in the exhaust the "smog" head. That is how they reference it. Kind of like "no mopar came with a posi", but generally speaking it's a reference. So I was generally speaking of the "smog port" heads can be made to work.

Generally speaking..... though.... some consider the ones with the emission ports in the exhaust the "smog" head. That is how they reference it. Kind of like "no mopar came with a posi", but generally speaking it's a reference. So I was generally speaking of the "smog port" heads can be made to work.

I know, but the ports and chambers are almost identical across the board. It's also a fact Chrysler went to the open chamber for emissions reasons.....just like most everybody else. I'm not sayin they're bad heads. Quite the contrary. They're probably about the best small block open chamber heads there are.

I know, but the ports and chambers are almost identical across the board. It's also a fact Chrysler went to the open chamber for emissions reasons.....just like most everybody else. I'm not sayin they're bad heads. Quite the contrary. They're probably about the best small block open chamber heads there are.
again, i was going by general terminology. Most consider the 2.02 "X" head a performance head (and yes, it's open chambered) and the one with the emission ports in the exhaust "emission heads". I believe this is how dartfreak was referencing.

Kevin, get us a really good shot of an intake and exhaust port. Lets see if the heads are ported.
They don't look ported to me. They are quite a bit smaller than the gasket and have alot of slag and casting "textures" to the runners

Was that engine sitting out in the rain? Sure is a lot of rust from moisture in that thing! :)

Was that engine sitting out in the rain? Sure is a lot of rust from moisture in that thing! :)
There is alot of rust on the outside i think it was setting in a basement. It even smells like a musky molded basement.

Well right now the plan for this engine looks something like this. Im gonna pull the oil pan see what the bearings look like. Degree the cam see what the heck it is. Try and figure out exactly what the lifters are and what the deal with the rockers and pushrods are. If the bottom end checks out ok I will put a new a new oil pump and water pump on it. Port the heads get a good valve job maybe even open the up too 2.02. Throw on the edlebrock intake @67/6barracuda sent me and the engine for the cuda will be done! Just gotta find a trans and converter although I have a extra 904 lockup trans but it need completely rebuilt it didn't have 2nd gear when it was pulled.

Here is a lifter I've never seen one like it. I'm pretty sure it's hydraulic it has a oil hole in the side. I tried to see if they squeeze down like hydraulic do and they don't very much. I mean very very little. There is little to no preload. Are these some sort of odd ball solid lifters? Something is all out of wack tho because the cam is on full lift on this lobe and the valve is barely open. What do yall think?

20210317_204710.jpg

20210317_204721.jpg

20210317_204725.jpg

20210317_204730.jpg

20210317_204735.jpg

20210317_205324.jpg

20210317_205341.jpg

20210317_205354.jpg

20210317_205339.jpg

20210317_205331.jpg

-
Back