Small Block Hemi conversion

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
Small block Hemi Head ! I recently just found out about these,they are made by some shop in tennessee! Has anyone here done this yet to there smallblock and if so what kind of improvements in HP did you get.I know the setup would have to be really cool looking,pop the hood on yur A body and BAMM! A smallblock HEMI!If I remember correctly you send them your block and crank and they provide the rest at a cost of around $7500.00 plus shipping.Who has done this on the site.Sounds pretty interesting.

Bobby Dodson

That's a little spendy for the conversion. There's enough available for considerably less money that'll make at least as much power. If all you want is the look of the hemi look for a 50s Dodge hemi (I've got a 325 for sale, hint hint).

What does a 5.7 crate motor cost? I'm thinking you could buy one of those for the same money.

Jim Lusk said:
That's a little spendy for the conversion. There's enough available for considerably less money that'll make at least as much power. If all you want is the look of the hemi look for a 50s Dodge hemi (I've got a 325 for sale, hint hint).

Exactly what I was thinking but with a 331

I'll give you a breakdown and price at the end.
1958 325 block (originally had poly heads) standard bore. Needs rebuild and oil fill tube.
1958 315/325 Industrial hemi heads. Factory hardened exhaust seats, fresh valve job.
Rocker covers with spark plug wire covers (plain, no stampings, clearance for adj. rockers)
One set non-adjustable rockers
One set adjustable rockers
Offenhouser dual four barrel intake
Cast iron single point distributor

Also would include the Poly top end (heads, intake, air cleaner)

Price - $2,000.

You are correct the cost is not for the faint of heart! LOL but considering what they exactly do is a lot of work, They take your block and crank,they completely manufacture you a set of HemiHeads from SCRATCH, Valve covers,furnish,rods,pistons,rings,heads, pushrods,rocker arms,lifters,make your custom intake of choice,either a single 4 barrell or dual quads,Very cool looking engines.When I talked to them thay had no specifics at the time on HP gains or HP in general. Well it would be better to go to the site instead of me trying to remember exactly what was discussed when I talked to them. building good quality engines is not cheap,and when you start getting exotic! Not bragging but the Big Block engine in my 67 chevelle SS cost considerably more than $7500.00

http://www.rodandcustommachines.com/smallblockhemiheads.html

Bobby Dodson

-
Back