Not open for further replies.

SMCARNUT

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
We of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most.
I have a set of (16) 5/16 Ball/Cup chrome moly pushrods that are 7.342. I need a set of (16) 5/16 Ball/Cup chrome moly pushrods 7.234.
The pushrod I need is actually the stock length of a 340 T/A engine if my memory still works. But unfortunately, Mopar Performance was the only one making them in chrome moly 7.234 and they are no longer available.
I know I can get them made from Manton, Smith Brothers, Trend etc. Just trying here first.
So, if you have a set of chrome moly pushrods aftermarket or Mopar Performance and would like to trade let me know.

20231116_094731.jpg

20231116_133423.jpg

Last edited:
I looked through my stash of push rods, and all I have are the 7.342 length rods.

Thats what 7.342 measure from end of cup to end of ball. The effective length is still 7.342.
7.497 -.155 = 7.342.

Comp # 7821-16 is suggested but because of all the variables, a pushrod checker and ordering the correct length is the way to go.

I used a pushrod checker. That is how I know I need 7.234. These were used on 340TA motors.
I was hoping someone has a moly set of 7.234 and need 7.342 before I order them from Manton, Trend or Smith Brothers.
I would rather swap if someone needed these.

I used a pushrod checker. That is how I know I need 7.234. These were used on 340TA motors.
I was hoping someone has a moly set of 7.234 and need 7.342 before I order them from Manton, Trend or Smith Brothers.
I would rather swap if someone needed these.
I hate to open up this can of worms but are they measured by overall length or from the bottom of the cup to the end of the ball?

I hate to open up this can of worms but are they measured by overall length or from the bottom of the cup to the end of the ball?
Glad you did.... Not many know the difference.

Overall length - End to end or top of cup to end of ball
Effective length - Bottom of cup to end of ball

Some manufactures do it end to end (overall length). Others like Manton and Smith Brothers like the effective length (usable length) but will do it either way. Oe pushrods lists the push rods by overall length.
Comp does it by overall length. I am not sure of how Trend likes to measure their pushrods. The Proform pushrods were overall length if my memory still works. There are so many pushrod companies Melling use to list them by effective length. When I measure overall length I take that length and subtract .155 or .156 that usually gets you close to the effective length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back