Small Bolt Pattern Wheel Adapters???

-

shg340

Reaction score
Anyone used these or using now to convert their 4 in bolt pattern to 4.5? Are they safe or any other issues you need to consider before making the change? Thanks...

I'm using the TransDapt cast spacers on the rear of my Dart. Of course I only have a very slightly warmed 318 with a 7-1/4 rear end. I figure the rear will go before the spacers.

The thing to watch for with any spacer is the thickness. These TransDapts are 1" thick (typical) so I really had to work at it to get 215 tires on 7" rims to fit. I had to remove the wheelwell trim and roll the fender lip up. I still get some rub even now with a heavy load. Your Duster may be different though.

Ohh....boy. I'm not a big fan of wheel adapters. Just one more thing to go wrong. If money is an issue, have a set of 4.5" bolt pattern rims drilled for the 4" pattern. It's still a cheese-ball modification, but a bit more safe. I've seen rims re-drilled for the street that worked fine. I wouldn't put any serious horsepower to them, but for the street it should be OK.

If your hell-bent on wheel adapters, IMHO,make sure you torque them on with some mild thread-lock. And check them from time to time.

Nah, I'm not planning on drag stripping her, just cruising. Want to put a set of Keystone Classics on her and would like 15tx7's or 8's on the rear and regular 14x6 or 15x6's on the front. I can find the 4 in. pattern in the 6 inch rim, but the 7 & 8 inch rims are the tough ones to locate in the small pattern. Original Keystone rims, cost a fortune if you can find them, so the Crager remakes are what I'm contemplating in the 4.5 pattern for the rear.

If that's the case, have your drums drilled and buy axles. Cheap insurance.

BTW: I've seen the center's seperate from those old Keystones..... :shock:

I have a new set of cragar ss in a 14 X 7 small bolt 2.75 in backspace I will sell. Try summit racing if you are interested in some ss series. I know they have them in the part number CRR-08060 14 X 6 small bolt 3.5 in bs, they also have a PN # CRR-08070 14 X 7 small bolt with 4.125 bs

-
Back