Small Max Wedge Hood Scoop Source???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes a smaller version of the max wedge hood scoop? I saw one that looked awesome on a '66 Dart yesterday at a car show and the owner couldn't seem to remember where he purchased it from. For some reason, I'm having trouble finding this smaller version anywhere. Here's the one I'm looking for:

1696787962593.png

Does anyone know who makes a smaller version of the max wedge hood scoop? I saw one that looked awesome on a '66 Dart yesterday at a car show and the owner couldn't seem to remember where he purchased it from. For some reason, I'm having trouble finding this smaller version anywhere. Here's the one I'm looking for:

View attachment 1716151557
Ebay maybe?
Ramcharger style fiberglass hood scoop, L 34" x W 28" x H 2.5" , bond on or rivet S+H $30 Lower 48

1696789015721.png

Ebay maybe?
Ramcharger style fiberglass hood scoop, L 34" x W 28" x H 2.5" , bond on or rivet S+H $30 Lower 48

View attachment 1716151561
Yeah, I saw that one. Unfortunately, that's just about the stock size and would almost go to the front of the hood. The one I'm looking for is about 12" shorter. I've been looking all over (AAR/Stinger, Unlimited, Kramer, etc.) and can't seem to find the small version. I'll probably spend some time calling all of those scoop companies tomorrow just to be sure, but was hoping someone on this site would have one or know who makes the smaller one.

Yeah, I saw that one. Unfortunately, that's just about the stock size and would almost go to the front of the hood. The one I'm looking for is about 12" shorter. I've been looking all over (AAR/Stinger, Unlimited, Kramer, etc.) and can't seem to find the small version. I'll probably spend some time calling all of those scoop companies tomorrow just to be sure, but was hoping someone on this site would have one or know who makes the smaller one.
You could always remove some from the front to shorten it.

You could always remove some from the front to shorten it.
I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea, but I guess the only problem with that would be that the dimensions would be way off if I cut 10-12" off the front.

I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea, but I guess the only problem with that would be that the dimensions would be way off if I cut 10-12" off the front.
The seller also makes them. You may try asking him to make what you want

I had the full size one on my 65 Valiant years ago. I thought it looked great. I think the small one looks funny. JMO.

I think I may have found the source of the small Max Wedge scoop. Unfortunately, I think it may Unlimited Products Fiberglass. I say unfortunately because I've call them about 6 times within the last two weeks and have yet to get anyone to answer my questions. The woman who answers only says - "I'll get someone to get back to you," "We're shorthanded at the moment," etc. Today When I asked why it's been so difficult to receive clarity on the dimensions of the several versions of the scoop they offer, the woman who answers phone did nothing but make excuses and said "well, you're not a customer yet."

Out of curiosity, I looked up reviews for them and yep - reviews pretty much line up perfectly with my experience dealing with them. Needles to say, they're on the "do not buy from" list.

Steer clear of them folks!!

-
Back