Small Mothers Day Rant for MLB Fans

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
So those who watch baseball know the tradition of the pink bats used on Mothers Day the past few years. Yesterday while watching the Rays game they mentioned about proceedes from the bat sales would go to help the fight on breast cancer. Very cool as I thought that was the deal anyway. Me and the wife decided to check it out. The bats sell for $69.99. Which is reasonable. The part thet kicks me in the jewels is that only $10 of every sale goes for breast cancer. WTF!!!!!!!!!! Really!!!!!! Its hard to believe thats all they can afford to give. I know something is better than nothing but when it is plastered all over the games about the awareness factor as if MLB is doing some great act of kindness, and still want to make quite a nut on the cost of the bats, it really has a bad taste. I would have done it if $50.00 would have gone to the cause.:angry7:

Thats all. Rant over. Happy Mothers Day.

I agree too homecloned.....I heard a while back that the CEO or whatever of "breast cancer" salary is something like $1-2 million a year!! Cancer is a killer, but it is also a money maker!!

Greed for money, sorry man..bums me too.

I still cant see how/why we pay guys millions to play games, but thats just me.

I agree. Glad at least my hometown team has one of the lowest payrolls.....for what its worth.

I agree too homecloned.....I heard a while back that the CEO or whatever of "breast cancer" salary is something like $1-2 million a year!! Cancer is a killer, but it is also a money maker!!

Thats the sad truth 4spdragtop.

I forgot to mention about how they mated the mlb logo into the ribbon. :angry7:

I agree. Glad at least my hometown team has one of the lowest payrolls.....for what its worth.

Thats the sad truth 4spdragtop.

I forgot to mention about how they mated the mlb logo into the ribbon. :angry7:

You should look at the padres..lol
they are or were the lowest paid team.

-
Back