Small thing that irratates you about your car

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
What one thing that you know is wrong on your car, that no one else notices, just bugs the snot out of you, if any.
My Dart has a lot of flaws, but the one thing that nobody ever notices that bugs me is the reverse light lenses, they are off of a 66 Dart. The 66s mounted vertically, where the 67s mount horizontally. So on mine the lines are running the wrong way, they mont just fine, but the lines run the wrong way. My orginals were broken and while shopping(ok scrounging a salvage yard)ran across a 66 Dart and picked up the near perfect lenses, maybe not near perfect, but they weren't broke.

Let me see, hhhmm!! My rear view mirror wobbles to easy and I have to buy two peace fishing poles when I take her fishing, I use 7'2 heavy to medium action rods to sink the hook in the big bass and like a one peace rod.:happy10:

Ralley's 004.jpg

I have plenty of flaws but the one thing is none of my gas gauges work in all of my a-bodies :) good thread.

Lot's of things bug me about my Demon but the biggest small thing is that my heater box is hollow since I had to get it back into the car before getting it restored.

It's too new, I'm getting bored with it and there is a bunch of work that I need to do to it.

Two things, I dislike the mismatch between the shape of the rear bumper and the body contours of the 1/4 panels. The panels are stamped for 63-65 rear bumpers and the 66 bumper is shaped more like a 67. #2 My drivers seat is not comfortable. I have adjusted it many times, reupholstered and added new seat foam. The back seems too low to the floor and the seat back too far reclined.It just doesn't sit right for me. Whew! thanks for letting me vent. toolman

I have plenty of flaws but the one thing is none of my gas gauges work in all of my a-bodies :) good thread.
Mine just works when it want's to Slappy, It's time for me to crawl under her and clean the little grounding clip on my fuel line where the rubber line leaves the gas take again 8)

Its not done!!!
lmao :happy10:

Lot's of things bug me about my Demon but the biggest small thing is that my heater box is hollow since I had to get it back into the car before getting it restored.
Wow!! and you live in Illinois.

The 70 Dart - none of the gauges work, and the drivers door pins are crap, and each time I open the door I end up lifting up on the door handle because I'm too lazy to change the pins.

The 65 Valiant - The back passenger door doesn't lock, but hardly opens since the striker is a bit out of place. Also the speedometer jumps around when going anything under 30 mph. There is some sort of ticking in the dash, and the fuel and temp gauge decide to work when they want, due to a bad ground, who knows where. The wiring harness is melted underneath the dash, and the exhaust is much quieter than I wanted.

My right hood hinge is screwed up and haven't had time to replace it. It's on the list though :rolleyes: :)

The gas guage doesn't work,the instrument lights are barely there.the mufflers are just bout done,hate that air leaking sound.:angry7:The gas tank leaks,but I'm workin on that.I have some self inflicted wounds on the body.:banghead: And it doesn't go fast enuff,lol.8)

Id have to go with the gas gauge not working...and although others can also hear it...the steering column rattles...grrrr

P.S. good one about the fishing pole me i just drop the top and let the poles ride the in the brezzes!!!

hmmmmm.....to much on my 72 duster lol....it still in the progress of resto.....

bugs me that it is taking so long...I have been at it about a year now...not much help or funds....I don't really have any buddys I could give beer to that could come help me on it and the ones I do have I wouldnt trust to work on my car sober let alone drunk LOL.

the way the screw plates in the door hinge area float around, make it hell to get the door back on after you take em off, have to find a way to fix that.

the fact that its not done yet and all i need to do to get it done costs money that i dont have.

gas guage is possessed (like memikes)

theres some more but i cant think of em right now, but hey i still love my scamp, shes just a wrathful mistress *****...

It just sits there AND REFUSES TO RESTORE ITSELF!!! Lol,I need the movie car Christine.

I'm not a fan of all the paint flaking off my engine (thanks to a high quality job by the P.O.) and since I've only had it a year every little new flaw I find bugs me, a little paint chip or rust spot or something on the underside or whatever. Stuff like that just bugs me because I know it will mean more time and money down the road. Well that and right now the TTI kit I just spent some major coin on still isn't on, need new motor mounts and maybe a new kickdown and blah blah blah... it never ends! Oh well, I won't be singing the same tune once it's done :D

it's not done yet, I have the cash to finish it but not the time:banghead: still working 7 days a week with no end in sight:angry7:

I've got a few off the top of my head.

1. previous owner did a 340 clone w/o an actual 340.(no one would ever casually notice, but it bothers me)

2. Its an automatic(gotta be able to slam gears or else it gets boring)

3. It's a restoration project that i bought 75% finished.(not as much wrenching to do)

-
Back