Small to large bolt pattern swap

-

solid340

Reaction score
I know everyone is asking about this and I have tried to read all of the responses,but I am still a bit unsure on what vehicle can be used for this small bolt(4") to big bolt(4.5") pattern swap besides any "A" body. Help , Help, Help. This will be done on a 1972 Duster 340 with a 4 piston caliper set up at the front [email protected][/EMAIL]

couldnt you just change the rotors? and keep your 4 piston calipers?

if so you could swap from anything 73 and up no?

-Cerwin

Hey solid340 I'm looking for the same swap if you find rotors let me know, ECI has a kit for changing to GM rotors and calipers $575 for the kit not bad but it would be nice to just change the rotors. 73-76 show different part numbers than the 72 but that could be the bolt pattern that makes the difference. I'll post anything I find.
Thanks and God Bless Bruce

There is no direct fit rotor, but from appearances the SSBC rotor looks like a 65-67 Mustang piece with a spacer for the bearings, which are the same, but the offset is slightly different. The calipers used are the same casting, but machined differently.

The reason this is not a popular swap attempted is that too many people are afraid of the K-H caliper and the four pistons. The rotor is also considerably thinner than the late unicast rotor.

-
Back