Smoking hot deals ,on Mopar engines....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Just a vent, post....Share your's,I dare you....(lol...
First one: A buddy bought a 70 Imperial,30k 440 mag..300 buck's..At the time: Had a good ,70 Six Pack carbed setup..They maybe paid 50 bucks,fo the damn thing.... Offered 500.00 ,in '91,for the whole car..They blew up ,a sweet 440..
Okay'98.. A teenager buddy,ends up :a vintage'68 Coronet 500 hard top... He ended up , finding: a vintage Road Runner 383,as r cleaner top,to the cool Magnum manifolds:300 bucks....

Got one on a stand right now. Nice 440 with top shelf machine work. Flat Top, well massaged 906's, assembled. 175.00 was the price of loaning the guy money and if he didn't repay it he gave up the motor. The guy skipped town and so it goes....

JW

I scored a 440 boat engine that had less than 100 hours on it. It sank and was pulled the next day and disassembled, heads re done,new lunati voodoo cam and valve springs, gear drive $400 three years ago, that was my best score.

Just last month picked up a 69 340 4-Speed cuda. Real m code formula s car. $1000

Stripped to bare steel and in epoxy primer.

2 years ago I bought an almost running and almost driving '80 D150 step side that had been a 225 833 O/D truck. At some point a 1969 440 was swapped in with a cast iron bell housing.

Paid $800 after I put a starter on it and fired it up in the seller's driveway.

Motor has a performer intake, truck headers and sounds like a small to medium cam.

Came with 15x8 (5 on 4 1/2) factory turbine wheels and some LRE parts as well (tailgate wood and OEM chrome stack guards).

Truck is SUPER FUN to drive but cab is rusted beyond repair.

About 5 years ago I bought a '73 Charger with a rusted out cowl, floor and roof for $700.

Came with a running warranty block 318 with performer intake and 600 carb also ceramic generic headers.

Also came with an entire '74 Charger except the unibody, including doors with power windows, slap stick assembly, resistance defog rear window, 2 rallye clusters, bucket seats, and a cassette recorder pod.

Boxes and boxes of new parts including carpet a vinyl top and floor pans also came with.

That deal has paid for it's self twice and still going.

I guess about 25 - 30 years ago, a guy gave me a set of 67 big block 915 heads. A friend stopped by one day, saw them and traded a complete 58 Gen I 392 Hemi for it. Still got the motor; it's sitting on a stand completely rebuilt just waiting for a project

I guess about 25 - 30 years ago, a guy gave me a set of 67 big block 915 heads. A friend stopped by one day, saw them and traded a complete 58 Gen I 392 Hemi for it. Still got the motor; it's sitting on a stand completely rebuilt just waiting for a project
Don I want that doggone motor! I remember it from when I picked up that 742 chunk from you. Btw, the chunk has been refurbed and is running in my 68 val now. No whines or weirdness out of it, although I think I'm going to trade the 2.90's for some 3.23's.

In 1979 a guy sees me driving my 1964 Polara 500 and asks me if I want to buy a motor for it. I go to his house and he has a 1963 426 Wedge Stage II motor complete with with carbs, air cleaners, and cross ram linkage. I paid $1000 and brought it home. I bought an original Ram Charger exhaust system from the manifolds to the tail pipes. I never did get the motor and exhaust put on the car. That was my biggest Mopar smoking hot deal and my biggest Mopar "shoulda done it".

I really never spend much buying motors. Around 1996 I gave 150.00 for a great running '73 340. Even now, I try to get most of my motors for around 200.00 if they are complete, and in running condition. I put a little into them, but not a lot, before installing. I only have about 650 -700 in the "new parts store" 360 that's in one of my Dusters, and that's Carb to oil pan.
I do, however, have a complete '94 318 magnum that's supposed to be a great runner with 134,*** miles on it that I gave 300.00......... still on the stand, didn't do anything with it yet. I might have paid too much for it.... :(

I paid nothing for 3 engines,a 225 inline six,a 440 and another one I don't remember off my head.Got them from a junkyard I go to that was going to throw them in the scrap pile.Said I could have them knowing I am into Mopars.Did get lucky,all of them turned over easily putting a socket,extension and breaker bar on them.

There were 2 383s and a 318 free in California on here. Available yesterday and today

I got a take out 2000 5.9 Magnum with a supposed rod knock for free a couple of years ago.

I've already used some parts off it, and actually used the IAC solenoid yesterday!

Thinking about putting the exhaust manifolds on my 73 318 Satellite (1.9" outlet versus 1.6 on the stock ones)

Also thinking about using the heads and valve train on my 85 roller 318 block.

I should probably see if I can find the offending bearing first as it might be an easy fix to get a compete 5.9

I got a take out 2000 5.9 Magnum with a supposed rod knock for free a couple of years ago.

I've already used some parts off it, and actually used the IAC solenoid yesterday!

Thinking about putting the exhaust manifolds on my 73 318 Satellite (1.9" outlet versus 1.6 on the stock ones)

Also thinking about using the heads and valve train on my 85 roller 318 block.

I should probably see if I can find the offending bearing first as it might be an easy fix to get a compete 5.9
I got a 5.9 free a few years ago. Fired it up in my Duster for the first time last week

-
Back