Smoking, ticking... AH!!!

-

thejohnnyguy

Young Gun
Reaction score
Smoking from the rear of the engine, ticking from the front... I pray that maybe it's just bad exhaust manifold gaskets because this seems to all be happening close to manifolds... anything else I should check while im tearing stuff apart?

Smoking from the rear of the engine, ticking from the front... I pray that maybe it's just bad exhaust manifold gaskets because this seems to all be happening close to manifolds... anything else I should check while im tearing stuff apart?

Could be a number of things, your best bet is look over the plugs for signs of oil & run a compression check, But i will tell you that "clicking" or "clacking" & "smoking" together are not good signs :read2:, sounds like its tired & ready for a rebuild.

Could be a number of things, your best bet is look over the plugs for signs of oil & run a compression check, But i will tell you that "clicking" or "clacking" & "smoking" together are not good signs :read2:, sounds like its tired & ready for a rebuild.
Compression test for sure. Maybe a collapsed valvespring. That wouldn't be to hard a fix if you're lucky. I hope it's something minor like that!

-
Back