SMS Auto not responding and now closed

-

Moparone

Reaction score
I spoke to SMS Auto in December. I was told he was getting to retire but there may be a new owner soon. He told me to go ahead and send my hood hinges in for repair as he would take them on and committed to doing them. Since I have sent them I have left a few messages and emails and have had no response. Today the web site says closed and the email came back as undelivered. I have used them in the past and they were top notch. I am really disappointed in the lack of professionalism here and am very concerned that I may never see my hood hinges again. Does anyone else am have any info on this or is a similar situation? I am really hoping they will honor their commitment and at the very least send me my parts back.

After seeing this ...

Screenshot_20240108-114430.png

... and having none of the menu options operable, I'd be contacting this place before too much time passes. Most District Attorneys offices have internet fraud divisions.

Screenshot_20240108-114414.png

I would never have sent them in the first place when "retire" came out of his mouth.

What is the year make and model- maybe one of us can help you with another set if you cannot get yours back.

Not necessarily in the outfit's defense, but there's a lot of owners/ operators who are old enough (and a small enough business) that just about ANY medical or other emergency can be a disaster

Not necessarily in the outfit's defense, but there's a lot of owners/ operators who are old enough (and a small enough business) that just about ANY medical or other emergency can be a disaster
Very true AND it's not like it used to be when children had an interest enough to be involved and keep said business going.

It didn’t sound like it was an emergency when I spoke to him. If it was he probably wouldn’t of said to send the parts

What is the year make and model- maybe one of us can help you with another set if you cannot get yours back.
I am working on a 71 dart with a 70 hood. The 70 hood had slightly different mounting style and the hinge mounting holes are slightly different. Car is painted and we are assembling. Unfortunately did not catch that I had a hinge issue until we were doing the final fitment of the hood and the hinge is rubbing the top of the fender if I open it all the way. The style of hinge with the correct holes are shown in the pic. I just bought these off eBay and are the ones I sent sms.

IMG_7721.png

-
Back