Snake is so sorry.

-
I have never had a problem with anything you posted, and even if I did it would be my problem not yours. Stick around have fun and post away.

the way I see it, you are normal sir, don't sweat it,
I worry about those who have no emotion.

You're cool in my book Don :thumbrig:. My Dad had two. The last one left him totally paralyzed on his left side. Let me tell you, he was very unpleasant to be around a lot of the time after that, but hey, he was still my Dad. He eventually lost his left leg from the knee down, but he did live for 14yrs. after the initial episode.

When you feel down, just think about your beautiful Grandbabies.....that has to help!

Snake, This is the Holiday season & MANY/ALOT of people are depressed this time of year for various reasons...

Keep positive thoughts going to help you get thru it :thumbup:

Man, a stroke will do messed up stuff to your brain! I know this for a fact, had at least 3 of them myself.
things that you think make perfect sense at the time, I mean rock solid sense, is the nuttiest crap you ever heard of before when your in a better frame of mind.
I've gone bat **** crazy over the way toilet paper was put on the roll, and by god, I felt I was right.
I don't know about you, but I get aphasic also, I can't buy a vowel!
I feel for you! It does get better, it takes time, but it gets better.

Hey buddy take care of yourself! You are a good member here and I do enjoy reading your posts. You have helped me in the past and never been anything but a great guy! All isssssssss forgiven!

:)No worries here Snake. Just relax and take it a day at a time.

For being an *** and what ever you can call me.I have found myself since my Stroke some 1 1/2 years back i have become bitter,don't know why,I was always a nice guy willing to help who ever but now i am a total looser.So I am very sorry for being an ***, my brain just don't work like it used to,Just don't know what happened to me.:???:
I have not noticed any negative post but maybe a couple moody ones, we all can be a bit moody Snake, but yes I agree after a stroke our brains can make some negative thoughts even when we look at something positive that was not harmful to anyone and take it in like it was :toothy1: I have been told I read into this wrong at times :evil3: I walk away from it and don't let it bother me or try to anyway :D Your a cool dude and fun member in my book :color: Let the good vibes roll :cheers:

Thanks all its tough for sure ,what getting me is how much it has change me i cant even grab a bolt and hold it right people fighting and screaming kids it goes on and on.knowing that 1 of 4 artery's that goes to my brain is block, the dock says it could come unblock and kill me,I ask him what about a stint he tells me to close to the brain. Hes says that I can not return to work, I have no income any more livening off Cindy disability checks is tough ,trying to get CPP, is like pulling teeth. Rambling on.Thanks for caring ALL.

Snake, This is the Holiday season & MANY/ALOT of people are depressed this time of year for various reasons...

Keep positive thoughts going to help you get thru it :thumbup:

This right here :blob: needs a bump :cheers:

Stay positive my friend :coffee2: all is groovy :color:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ"]Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves - YouTube[/ame]

For being an *** and what ever you can call me.I have found myself since my Stroke some 1 1/2 years back i have become bitter,don't know why,I was always a nice guy willing to help who ever but now i am a total looser.So I am very sorry for being an ***, my brain just don't work like it used to,Just don't know what happened to me.:???:

Snake, you are not a looser man! Even though we haven't met I can say that with assurity. A major health issue like that can change a person's personality. I'm diabetic and when my sugar goes high I get real cranky. Wish it wouldn't happen but it does and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.

:)No worries here Snake. Just relax and take it a day at a time.

X2 Snake, My Mom had her stroke at about the same time as you, and yes it did change her in many ways, ...she can no longer drive the Neon i bought her for her 60th, she was a vorocious reader (at 2500 words a minute), animal whisperer, gardener extrordinar,...

Interestingly she has her moody and needy and frustrating moments to be sure, but now she looks at every day as a gift, calls me and my siblings every day....seems talking to people helps alot,....

Soooooo you can continue visiting here to chat and we'll still be here for ya,...how's that,....

Good guys worry about what they have, or might have said, bad guys don't care. You are a good guy, and we are all supportive or you. Don't ever feel like we don't understand, we all face things that effect us in a variety of ways. We all at times say things we wish we could take back. While we can't change the past, there is always tomorrow. I'm praying for you!

X2 Snake, My Mom had her stroke at about the same time as you, and yes it did change her in many ways, ...she can no longer drive the Neon i bought her for her 60th, she was a vorocious reader (at 2500 words a minute), animal whisperer, gardener extrordinar,...

Interestingly she has her moody and needy and frustrating moments to be sure, but now she looks at every day as a gift, calls me and my siblings every day....seems talking to people helps alot,....

Soooooo you can continue visiting here to chat and we'll still be here for ya,...how's that,....

Thats great glad you mom is doing well.

I didnt read the whole thread snake but . we used to talk alot . If you need some one to talk to buddy your still good in my book

snake,

At age 49 I too had a stroke. By the time my got me too the emergency Room, the evaluatiuation receptionist told us we had waited too long to get to the hospital , that there was permanent damage and probably little hope for recovery. I lost my powers of speech, could not remember my kids birthdays, etc. My wife kept pushing me forward talking and testing me, asking my questions. I was in the hospital for about 4 days. My 19 year old son bought me a book, "My stroke of insight " written by Dr. Jill Bolte . It and the physical therapy really helped me. My wife also helped me greatly , I know it had to be extremely difficult to live with me. I was out of work for about 4 months, My first therapy evaluation, My right hand grip about 110 lbs, my left was about 22 lbs max. It took me about 2 years to feel better? I am now 56 and have almost returned to about 90% of what I was before the stroke. I was very fortunate to have the help and love to persevere. It will be a slow difficult process but keep pushing yourself forward. It seems very dark at first and friends and family try to keep you positive, let them help. They can be really annoying trust me, but I am very grateful for their help. Keep pushing on and realize it does get better.

Sorry to hear about your stroke and your situation.
I think you are a good guy and you'll get through this.......

Alright, get over the Pity Party. Snake is cool, and everyone agrees.
People understand what a stoke can do to a person, and we also understand that it takes time to fight back from such a devastating attack. It also takes a ton of work, concentration, and courage by the individual.

Snake, you've already won 50% of the battle, you're coming back from it, and you recognize what changes have taken place and where more work is needed. That's HUGE!

The mere fact that you're here, and interacting so well is inspirational. You don't owe any apologies. You're a hell of a man, Snake.

snake,

At age 49 I too had a stroke. By the time my got me too the emergency Room, the evaluatiuation receptionist told us we had waited too long to get to the hospital , that there was permanent damage and probably little hope for recovery. I lost my powers of speech, could not remember my kids birthdays, etc. My wife kept pushing me forward talking and testing me, asking my questions. I was in the hospital for about 4 days. My 19 year old son bought me a book, "My stroke of insight " written by Dr. Jill Bolte . It and the physical therapy really helped me. My wife also helped me greatly , I know it had to be extremely difficult to live with me. I was out of work for about 4 months, My first therapy evaluation, My right hand grip about 110 lbs, my left was about 22 lbs max. It took me about 2 years to feel better? I am now 56 and have almost returned to about 90% of what I was before the stroke. I was very fortunate to have the help and love to persevere. It will be a slow difficult process but keep pushing yourself forward. It seems very dark at first and friends and family try to keep you positive, let them help. They can be really annoying trust me, but I am very grateful for their help. Keep pushing on and realize it does get better.
Wow you just dis-crib me right to T,as you, i know its tough but did you brain feel like it moving around and just not the same.

Snake, I know I was a little rough on you in the Del thread, your post just rubbed me the wrong way. even though there are members here that others don't like, I think its better to just pass by their posts instead of posting what we think of them on the board. I know you have been through some **** and I didn't take that into account. you are all good in my book. take care

Snake, I understand some of what you are going through. I suffered a stoke last year. Everyone trys to tell you that you are lucky to have survived it but I didn't feel lucky. All I knew is that I was different and missed not being able to do all the things I once could. My speech and left side were affected. I have relearned to speak and have regained use of my left side, not perfect, its still quite weak but better. Your brain can rewire itself in many ways, it all about repetition. keep working, that includes the way you think and express yourself. it will get better and better. I can no longer doo all the work on my car, but feel happy to do what I can. Pills are not always the way and doctors I feel are too quick to offer them instead of taking the time to help you understand whats happened and help you work through things. Hang in there, things will get better. Help others understand whats happened and I'm sure they will understand and help you work through things.
Feel free to contact me anytime you need someone to talk to.

Snake,

Yes, I was at work and kept telling my co workers that I felt like I was in a fog. My dexterity was off. My fine motor skills were off. Initially my speech was slow but understandable. I waked over to medical, about a one mile walk, and said I felt "off". They took normal vitals and performed an ekg. The doc came in and looked me over and the last thing he asked me to smile. He asked me if I always had a crooked smile? I said I didn't know, maybe? He said they were really busy today, can you come back tomorrow. Got an appointment for the next day. Walked back to my office and ate luch at my desk. Talked with my buddy at work, said I am going to reassemble the pump I had cleaned this morning and was going home, I am not feeling well. Called my wife and she said my speech was off and wanted to come pick me up. I live about 25 miles from work, I said no, I will drive myself home. Got home and decided to take a nap? Watched a little tv and went to bed early. In the morning I woke up at about 3am, my wife asked me where are you going? All I could say was I'm going. In my mind I said I am going to work. She realized something was way off, called a friend who is a physicians assistant. He said get me to the er immediately. See my email above. Oh, the book I suggested was authored by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D A brain scientists personal journey. She had suffered a massive stroke. I have read it now about 3 times. I feel very fortunate for my journey and if I can help in any way, let me know.

J. J.

-
Back