Snake & Mongoose

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KImCwzGBLHI"]The Snake and Mongoose Movie, 60 second trailer - YouTube[/ame]

While many of us are excited about Ron Howard's “Rush” coming to theaters on Sept. 20, another true-to-life story about drag racers Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen comes out two weeks earlier on Sept. 6.

“Snake and Mongoose” tells the story of the two men who revolutionized entertainment sports marketing on the drag strip in the '60s and '70s. Prudhomme was a seven-time NHRA U.S. Nationals winner and four-time NHRA World Champion, while McEwen only won five races over his 45 year career, but his showmanship made him one of the biggest in the sport.

The pair of Southern Californian men competed for years on the strip. But it was when they partnered with Mattel's Hot Wheels that corporate sponsorship changed forever: It allowed Snake and Mongoose to buy the best parts and stick them on the best chassis with the most expensive tires. In today's world, you can't race without loads of corporate sponsorship money. The Snake and the Mongoose are to thank for that, for better or worse.

The film is directed by Wayne Holloway, and written by Holloway and Alan Paradise. Jesse Williams (“The Cabin in the Woods,” “Brooklyn's Finest”) plays The Snake and Richard Blake (“Dragonball: Evolution) plays the Mongoose. Other stars include Noah Wiley, Ashley Hinshaw, Ian Ziering and John Heard, who plays Wally Parks.
http://www.snakeandmongoosemovie.com/

thanks Drache, that is awesome. I used to go to seattle raceways in the early 80,s and watch them. I have some old pictures of them somewhere

can't wait to see it...gotta be better than fast and furious 6....not that I see it....

Snake said to a 9 yr old kid something inappropriate and now I feel different about him

Thanks, now I feel old, lol. I watched Prudhomme race Garlits back in the 60's.

You feel old...I was at a friday night gettogether at the old Kissimmee airport track back about 1960. There was a slingshot dragster testing that was really impressive. I asked one of the track people about him and he said it was a local guy by the name of Garlits.

I grew up watching Snake and Mongoose, I can't wait to the the movie. I'd like to see them do more flicks about the famous drag racers of the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I'd like to see some about the AA/FA cars, and the old Gassers. "Heart Like A Wheel" was a great movie for it's time.

Looking forward to watching it, just hope they keep it real. I hate watching stuff that Hollywood over does when the real story is awesome.

-
Back