Sneak-peek !

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I spent the day running down a bunch of odds-n-ends and didn't have enough time to start SERIOUSLY assembling the motor. But yet I found the time & ambition to semi-assemble my new motor.....

part26.jpg

Yeah, I just plopped the heads on 2 studs and laid the manifold down. Timing cover is finger-tight w/ 2 bolts. Same with the oil pan. I just wanted to visualize SOMETHING!
Hopefully this will motoivate me to get back into the groove with this project. I've been kinda stalled all summer and my interest is leveling off. Seeing all that shiney stuff gave me "tight pockets". :toothy8:

that picture makes me smile alot! love the look of new and frech parts!

I know the tight pockets feeling John, but I must say you engine makes me drool. I think I'm going to open up my pockets and start building another engine.

fstbackfish said:
Nice and shiny!!!What kind of compression you gonna run in that thing???

It's at 10.1-1 according to the machinist. Everyone thinks my cam selection is too small, but I can always up-grade later. I just wanna DRIVE this damn thing!

Buschi340 said:

Hmmm... how should I approach this.:-k

Let's say you have your hands in your pockets. Then you spot something that, shall we say.... really grabs your attention. Suddenly, "something" swells, therefore displacing excess room in said clothing. Now all of a sudden, your pockets got a little "tighter" due to the uncontrollable reaction your body has to the previously mentioned visual stimulation.

In other words.... you get wood. :laughing:

FASTBACK340 said:
In other words.... you get wood. :laughing:

It's okay John, just say to yourself "It's just an engine.... a baaaad *** engine." Then go find your wife real quick and say "Hey honey, look what happens when you let me buy expensive engine parts." :iconbigg:

GotDart said:
It's okay John, just say to yourself "It's just an engine.... a baaaad *** engine." Then go find your wife real quick and say "Hey honey, look what happens when you let me buy expensive engine parts." :D

And she'll snap it off and feed it to the dog...... :love6:

fastback383 said:
I hope the dog is not VERY hungry. She may be disappointed. :)

In all fairness, she's a small dog. It may be enough of a meal for her....:tongue5:

-
Back