Sno-par

-

RedScampi

Reaction score
This sucks! Does anyone else have to leave their A body out in the weather? This is the weirdest winter we have had for a long time. Usually it'd be raining. I'm not saying that's better... :/

P1020170 (Large).jpg

P1020172 (Large).jpg

P1020173 (Large).jpg

P1020175 (Large).jpg

I wish I had a gerage or car port. But I don't. Mabby some day. It has been raining and snowing here a lot. Stoped to day but every thing is covered with snow.

Can't put my hands on it right now but have a picture of a 69 Charger that I used as a daily driver with nearly 3 ft of snow covering it (big snowstorm of 93 in VA).

My Dart is sitting in my driveway uncovered, hasn't been started in almost 2 weeks, Im in Oakland, CA since Sunday, and Nikki has been at her moms since the snow started so she can get to work easier. She has been driving B.A.R.T. for the last week with no problems, he is now a daily driver and she loves him way more than that P.O.S. Mazda she was in!

Hey JR you should throw a pic or two of B.A.R.T. up here just so you can take **** for having a Furd.:-D How does he like the cold weather?

This sucks! Does anyone else have to leave their A body out in the weather? This is the weirdest winter we have had for a long time. Usually it'd be raining. I'm not saying that's better... :/

That sucks dude

Nope mine resides in the garage with my personel car. The wife parks her new Honda outside. A mans gotto protect his toys. :evil2:

Terry

12.JPG

What are you talking about? I don't own B.A.R.T. (aka "the big red pig" ) the title and insurance is all in Nikkis name. She has been driving him in the snow all week with no problems. Bill said he has a radiator that I can have along with some little stuff like window cranks.
I replaced all 3 u-joints, temp sending unit, carrier berring, tires (you want the old ones? I still have them lol), used some JB weld and did a ghetto fix on the exhaust gasket leak on the front of the driver side manifold (the bolts would have busted off in the heads if I undid them), I found the major oil leak. The sending unit top kicked loose from the bottom and every time the oil hit it it would wash the side of the motor with oil so I replaced that. I still have to install a CD player and Nikki wants to do a red and black diamond pattern in vinyl for the headliner after I throw up some insulation. I also sanded down and repainted the plastic grills.
I also started to claybar the hood but I lost interest after about 5 mins, but it cleaned up nice.
100_2830.jpg

100_2832.jpg

100_3049.jpg

A few days after I picked him up from you I did my favorite add on. $3 at the yard in Renton.
100_3051.jpg

I still have to do this.
100_3057.jpg

all three of my Darts are sitting outside. The garage is still a mess due to moving late summer. Hopefully progress will be made after Christmas.

You gotta love the FE blocks. The best in vehicle fix for broken exhaust manifold bolts that I've ever seen was a few C clamps as the tabs are perfect and almost designed for this in car fix.

It wouldn't be so bad but the bolts/studs face downwards from the head so drilling and tapping the holes for new studs along with changing the rear main seal (thank god it's not as bad as we thought) is damn near impossible unless you pull the motor.
I'm also going to upgrade the points to the Petronix ignition set up. I'm not going to do the intake swap for a while so if anyone has a 500 cfm Holley 2bbl laying around that is rebuildable let me know.

Oh and I swapped out the steering wheel for the grant one that was in the 48, Nikki likes it way better in the truck.

If they don't use salt on the roads where you live, why not just drive it? V8-powered RWD cars sans ABS/PB/ESP are a blast to drive on slick roads as long as your careful. I would be doing that right now if my damn 318 wasn't sitting on a stand in my garage begging me to put it back together (damn economy, can't even get a job at a diner...).\

EDIT: Just realized you were talking about storing your car out in the weather. Yeah, that sucks. At least you don't live on the Front Range!

Nearly 3 AM, 18 degrees, 4 inches of snow and they don't plow in my neighborhood...heading off to work. At least my DD is a 4WD.

Don't let them bust you up too much about that awesome truck. That was my first truck growing up. I wish I still had it, SWB stepside, 360, lowered and rusted. Flat black when it wasn't cool. Memories..8)

I went home to Ohio last week and it snowed just a bit...right after the freezing rain made a mess of everything.

200 treadwear rated high performance summer tires on a V8/stick shift car with limited slip rear end is 'exciting' to drive on ice. Has a tendency to look for the low side everywhere you go.

PoorCar.jpg

This is just getting stupid! Once again I HATE SNOW!

The big red pig is doing great in it with the chains on he just plows right through.

100_3317.jpg

yes there is a 93 Mazda under there.

100_3319.jpg

I haven't started the Dart in 2 weeks (haven't been home) I don't think I will try until it warms up a little bit. usualy I would pull the skirts and throw on the extra wheels with the studed snow tires but Im not even going to bother.

100_3313.jpg

100_3314.jpg

Hey Gary, how is it on your end of 167? My dad said they have about 9" so far and he hasn't been out to his garage in a week.

Last winter was the last winter outside for the 69,shes' keeping the 71 Cuda company hidden away inside my little garage.

100_7599.JPG

100_8615.JPG

Mine`s kept in my garage, but if I`m doing any big project it has to go outside. that`s why I bought a car cover, 3`rd best thing. calif.car cover makes some nice ones, agood investment. just brush off snow with soft broom when it stops. dont scrimp on a cover, get a waterproof, yet breathable, style. I`ve used mine for many,many years, still in good shape.

JR, 12" in Olalla right now. They finally plowed Olalla Valley/Crescent Valley after 4 days.

My dad live on Vandecar/Vanskyver rd off Bethel and the closed the small hill outside his driveway because there were 7 cars piled up at the bottom.

-
Back