So do I have a rare 71 duster 340?

-
The car was my uncles. It is now mine. I disassembled and documented 85% of the car so far as well as a thorough estimate of parts. On the upper side I'm looking at around 9k in parts and supplies to fully complete it. All labor is free by me. I was the shop foreman of a BMW collision center so it not like I don't know what I'm doing. I plan on restoring this and giving it to my daughter when she is 18. Keep it in the family. Start a hand me down tradition!

It's a great car worth restoring.

Nice to keep it in the family... :D

The usual statistic on Muscle cars of the era are approximately 10-15% survived. That doesn't leave a lot of 71 Duster 340s, especially ones that aren't hacked into race cars, etc. I consider them somewhat rare, not one of nine type, but still rare.

I think for Duster 340 is the 'survival quote' much lesser than for GTOs, 442s, R/Ts and so on, because they were very low priced.
Cheap and fast cars normally don't have long lives.

If you are going to keep it in the family it really doesn't matter what you spend on it or what it will be worth as long as you have the FUNDS to do it. I think it is cool your daughter wants it. My kids care nothing about my cars and that is ok. They didn't grow up in my era. They can't afford ( neither could I at there age ) to own one. To busy raising a family. Just make sure she appreciates it! Have Fun!

The car was my uncles. It is now mine. I disassembled and documented 85% of the car so far as well as a thorough estimate of parts. On the upper side I'm looking at around 9k in parts and supplies to fully complete it. All labor is free by me. I was the shop foreman of a BMW collision center so it not like I don't know what I'm doing. I plan on restoring this and giving it to my daughter when she is 18. Keep it in the family. Start a hand me down tradition!

Well then by all means restore it..just hope your daughter appreciates it..i myself am waiting to put my daughters behind the wheel of the duster can't wait to see them launch it down the track:burnout::burnout:

-
Back