So "I'm" an idiot and can't drive

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Come on COME ON!!!! A "noose" story about a guy who wrecked his pickup because he could not turn off...................the cruise control???????

http://abc7.com/news/car-stuck-on-cruise-control-goes-airborne-on-210-freeway-in-rialto/994845/

I guess shutting off the ignition is out of the question?

Excerpts HE HAD TIME to call 911 and complain "he didn't know what to do, and "he didn't want to die."

http://www.highlandnews.net/news/public_safety/article_f4acb6be-6083-11e5-84b6-97fc80bda464.html

236szb.jpg

E brake or as you mentioned turn off ignition the world is full of dumbass people and the numbers keep growing.
as said before here take the warning labels off products and let nature sort it out.

Its elementary, and should be part of getting your license, the problem is everyone is afraid to drive a car with no power assisted steering or brakes today.

Don't they cancel when you hit the brake??

Well maybe there was something wrong there LMAO, but I can GUARANTEE you that when the engine stops, so does the "cruise"

And................of course............this reminds me of an old story

Years ago I had an ugly 78 Ferd LTDII. Bought it cheap with a busted cam on account of the plastic cam drive had stopped the oil pump so PAY ATTENTION LOL

Anyhow, coming home from work, was slicker 'n you know what "icy" and I had my head right clear up my dumb a$$. Started "up the hill" E of Post Falls with the cruise on, the car went up the hill, the cruise said "HEY" "we are slowing down, let's give 'er some gas" and the next thing I know I'm like 45 degrees to the direction of intended travel.

Know what? Didn't take me very damn long to get the cruise shut off!!!! And I didn't wreck the old girl, either!!!

I think putting it in neutral will also cancel cruise. But shutting the car off definitely will.

I think putting it in neutral will also cancel cruise. But shutting the car off definitely will.

It does not, at least on the hated 95 Oldsmobile. The quadrant indicator is "sloppy." One day I thought I was in D and wanted to make sure it was in OD, so I bumped the lever a notch. Next thing I know..............it was in neutral and the engine was doing a "high RPM self test" LMAO

There isn't a cruise control out there that could keep me from stopping that truck.

He just panicked and wussed out by piling into something.

There isn't a cruise control out there that could keep me from stopping that truck.

He just panicked and wussed out by piling into something.

yabut LMAO he had plenty of time to argue with 911. I REALLY do not "get" it.

Hmmm.... So the 45 year old braking technology in my 70 Charger will hold the car while I floor the throttle on the 500 hp 440-6 ( in 1st gear) to check stall RPMs ..... But the modern brakes on a Nissan can't slow a 190 hp terd in O.D. .??

Did I get this right ?

he wasn't wearing his seat belt AND he was driving something foreign...sounds to me that natural selection tried to catch up with him

What's the first thing you do if you EXPECT an accident COULD happen? (Icy roads, water covered roads, stuck cruise, etc.) You put on your darn seatbelt!!!

Excerpts HE HAD TIME to call 911 and complain "he didn't know what to do, and "he didn't want to die."

It seems as though a 911 op could have suggested turning the key off, if he didn't have enough sense to.

If it actually stuck and could not be turned off, I myself would be hard on the brake to slow it down, then turn the damn thing off. :banghead:

It seems as though a 911 op could have suggested:

I believe they did. The "noose" video played part of the tape, someone "on the radio" said "tell him to put in neutral or turn off the key"

Here's the thing. I can see some real dummy panicing. What I CANNOT "see" is someone who has time to dial 911, talk to the operator, and all that time "just can't" come up with an answer..

Just curious, I don't know the answer. On these newer car, with
"push to start, and push to stop", buttons, will the engine shut off, if you are driving and push to stop?

Just curious, I don't know the answer. On these newer car, with
"push to start, and push to stop", buttons, will the engine shut off, if you are driving and push to stop?

Everything I've "picked up" seems to indicate 2 or 3 seconds of steadily holding down "the button."

This is an excerpt of "some sort of" Lexus

256d0z5.jpg

-
Back