so is this true? mpg saver trick

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
so the other day my buddy was riding in my car and i had the heater on in my car and he said whitch ive herd before i started driving so i completely forgot but. he said ur ac use while ur driving takes up more gas then driving with out it on i drove with it on constantly also i tried it it almost seemed like it worked but i could just be excited

anyone know if this trick alctually works?

ya using the ac takes gas. it make the enigne work harder but heat dosent effect it unless its defrost which turns on the ac to dehumidify the air lol.

so the other day my buddy was riding in my car and i had the heater on in my car and he said whitch ive herd before i started driving so i completely forgot but. he said ur ac use while ur driving takes up more gas then driving with out it on i drove with it on constantly also i tried it it almost seemed like it worked but i could just be excited

anyone know if this trick alctually works?

Think about it, the AC compressor takes HP to drive it when the clutch is engaged and it takes extra fuel to make that HP. Shutoff the AC and open the window.

Terry

myth busters did this. all with newer cars so idk if it would apply to us as much but under 55 you get better mileage with the windows down but over 55 the increased wind resistance makes it better for mileage to use the ac

myth busters did this. all with newer cars so idk if it would apply to us as much but under 55 you get better mileage with the windows down but over 55 the increased wind resistance makes it better for mileage to use the ac

They also proved that driving a truck with the tailgate open uses more gas.
Did you see the recent one where they dimpled a car like a golfball and got 3 more miles per gallon!

in my older cars the a/c would kill the MPG. in m y 2001 toyota it didn't matter if the a/c was on or off,windows up or down that ***** would get upper 30's lower 40's MPG...

Depending on what your driving, you can FEEL the loss in power with the AC on. Most new cars will disengage the AC clutch under full throttle by themselves so you get full power and then turn it back on when your done goofing around.
The defrost is one point that not many people know about. Good call Tyler!

Demonseed,
Turn the A/C off...in Florida all that does is get you hot and sweaty.

Here is another A/C tip that works really good when you are driving when it is cold and rainy.............
Ever notice somebody driving around with their windows all fogged up??

Turn on the A/C and turn the heat up a little bit. Instant clear windows and you have heated and dehumidified air inside the car. It sure beats trying to defrost all the windows by heat alone.

i never know about the golf ball thing thats kinda cool lol. they should do that to prisus and (not so) smart cars lol. they cant get much uglier so might as well get as many miles to the gallon. using the ac to dehumidify is a really cool trick. my girlfriend had no clue what i was doin but was amazed at how quick we could see lol.

I used to drive a little rice burner( acura integra) and you cold definitely feel the engine bog down when I turned the AC on. so thats why I just used my "280 air conditioner" (2 windows down, 80 mile per hour).8)

-
Back