So now Fiat wants "all of you"

-
All I can say is that Chrysler group would prob not even be around if it wasnt for the Italians. The new product is 5 times better then it was with Daimler and all the BS before. So I guess I really dont have a prob with it... and thats from someone who deals with the cars 5 to 6 days a week. So my opinon may be swayed one way.

-RPM

Here are a few Fiats I'd own-

Attachments

• f 1970-Fiat-Dino-2400-Spider-Red-Fron.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Fiat Dino Coupe.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 271
  • fiat 745.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Dino.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 275
All I can say is that Chrysler group would prob not even be around if it wasnt for the Italians. The new product is 5 times better then it was with Daimler and all the BS before. So I guess I really dont have a prob with it... and thats from someone who deals with the cars 5 to 6 days a week. So my opinon may be swayed one way.

-RPM

That.

The fiat 500 might be as gay as the day is long, but they're also responsible for giving us a new challenger.

That.

The fiat 500 might be as gay as the day is long, but they're also responsible for giving us a new challenger.

Actually the challenger was in the product pipeling being developed at the time diamler was walking away, the go ahead to make the challenger was given when chrysler was managed by cerberus capital management group before fiat merged with chrysler, so it wasnt fiat that gave us the challenger. But i have to agree the cars are being styled much better with the italians in charge.

Said it time and time again, Chrysler is better off now then it has been since the K car days, they are putting out the best vehicles with the best quality EVER (aside from the 70's ;) ) The best thing to ever happen to Chrysler was FIAT. People can knock it all day long I will support Chrysler forever and always, times change and things come and go, but MOPAR will be forever!

the camry and accord are designed, built and exported from the USA. so just as american as a new chrysler.

there are kia vehicles built here also. just as american as a chrysler..

and your point? read the article and tell me whos on the list??? Just saying.

the camry and accord are designed, built and exported from the USA. so just as american as a new chrysler.

there are kia vehicles built here also. just as american as a chrysler..

Sorry, they are not doing much Camry and Accord and especially Kia designing or engineering in the USA, and even what they are is completely signed off by Japanese or Korean nationals on work visas. I work with these companies every day. Everything Chrysler makes, short of the Fiat 500 is engineered and tested out of the USA office in Auburn Hills.

I would rather Fiat controlled all of it than the UAW trust fund. Hell, Sergio likes the USA so much he spends most of his time here anyway. They are rumoring moving the Fiat world headquarters to Auburn Hills.

They did a good job. in 09 I thought Chrysler was done forever.

-RPM
i was working at dodge dealer for many years as a tech. after daimler took over ,quailty of the parts used went it the garbage.daimler damn near killed chrysler.

i was working at dodge dealer for many years as a tech. after daimler took over ,quailty of the parts used went it the garbage.daimler damn near killed chrysler.

One has to wonder if that wasn't their intent. I've no particular love for Daimler, either

Chrysler died when the first EGR valve was installed!

If you ask me, chrysler died when they stopped putting out a v8 sports car. Look at ford/chevy. So much of what is used in their cars has a basis that started with the sports car.

both ford and chevy went their ways trying to make a powerful and efficent engine/tranny combo for the sports cars and the designs bled into the trucks.

chrysler however, put their eggs into an exotic V10(where nothing bled over) and made cars with 70s era engines with better heads, bare bones efi, and big hefty transmissions

Toyotas and Kia are indeed built here, but the profits from those that production and sale still goes back to Japan and Korea. So does the decision to continue to build here.

Being "built in America" is not the same as being American.

Oddly enough, both So. Korea, and Japan are enemies of the State of China, but both are considering manufacturing plants there, with the idea of importing to America, once again, because between Taxes, labor costs and EPA regulation/conformance costs and fees, it's still cheaper to build in the east and export to North America.

There is also so wheeling and dealing about building in South America because of the same benefits, and automobiles can be transported by train even less costly per ton/mile than by ship. Btw, they could still claim that the cars are "Built in America". No one is differentiating which America. ;)

¡Hemi es hecho en México, hombre! Flagship engine says so, right on the side of every single block.

I say go for it. Fiat turns out some good cars over there and it would be nice to see a car company run by people who are genuinely interested in manufacturing cars.

Investment companies and banks kill production quality, no matter what's being made.

When I retrofitted the 6.1 in the '59 Dodge, I tallied it up and figured out that we had parts from these places on the resto-mod;

America, South America, Mexico, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, China, Taiwan, France, S.Korea and Pakistan.

Someone get me a Mexican SuperBee.

Bull....They have produced some pretty good pickups since then.

No. Chrysler Corporation (the company that built my Jeep and everyone's A-bodies) died in 1997. Daimler-Chrysler, Chrysler LLC (Cerberus), and now the Chrysler Division of Fiat has made some nice machinery...but Chrysler Corporation died in 1997.

No. Chrysler Corporation (the company that built my Jeep and everyone's A-bodies) died in 1997. Daimler-Chrysler, Chrysler LLC (Cerberus), and now the Chrysler Division of Fiat has made some nice machinery...but Chrysler Corporation died in 1997.

Name changes my friend just name changes

-
Back