So this is what $6000 buys you nowadays?

-
i'm wondering if it was a bracket to move the springs in.. bolt pattern kinda looks like the shackle hanger bracket bolt pattern.

Then the next question would be....."let's see those rear wheelwells" LOL BTW, this appears to be an A/C car, so....was A/C available on factory 383 A-bodys?

I just got back from an auto auction in Zephyrhills, FL. Their were allot of cars not on auction in the "flea market" section for sale. Hard to believe some of the asking prices for basket cases at best.

I did see a clean 66 valiant convertible in red with white top, had a 318 transplant, guy was asking $17,000. Good luck with that. There were also cars that looked literally like they were rusting in half and could not believe somebody would even put forth the effort to trailer it any distance to sell it.

Caveat emptor.

I'm currently in northern Virginia with family right now and I do not see any muscle cars whatsoever out here. No classic or vintage either.......... So different from so cal.....
Also people don't really know how to drive that well here either. Not saying everyone but so many pedestrians get hit all the time and people will back into cars and just leave......
They pull stupid maneuvers everywhere and always bumping into things. I would never bring my cars around these people.......
My sister had a pristine car when she moved here last year but people keep bumping her car in lots etc...
Some douch bag today did it while I was right next to the car and when I yelled he just shrugged his shoulders.... So I punched in his side door...... That will teach the douch bag. Boy he got scared and took off in a hurry. What a great stress relief though

All the above is true, however, this time of year the classics stay in the garage due to the salt on the roads. Come spring, they are all over the place on the weekends.

Ouch a lotta money for that dart. I payed $1,000 ,for a complete but rough slant 6 coupe 67 cuda. West texas stuff is pretty rust free too, not perfect mind you but what 40 plus year old stuff in the elements is.

Also judging by the rest of the car, how expertly is that bigblock installed. Sometimes its best to pass. Dont get cut looking at that ad you may need a shot. Lockjaw anyone lol

Matt

I have got 2 life time desert cars that beg to differ with Desert Rust Free" theory.........I also bought a Ranger that spent its life in the Desert and it had rust issues as well......Just because a car came from there does not mean it will not have rust.....

Especially if they had vinyl tops on them...our 71 Dart has been in Vegas its whole life...and had alot of rust under the vinyl top.

-
Back