so u bought a fancy new car...

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Could it be that his "Prius" is a Tesla???
I'll bet he loved that comment.
(and yes, I did a double take on that, lol)

just sayin if i spent 100,000+ on a car i would not want it confused with a prius...

what realy makes me laugh is the look on the one guys face and the look on the owners face... ill let you figure out witch one is the proud new owner...

What do you get.jpg

They look pretty gay. And I'm not much of a fan. But I will say this. Those electric motors haul ***. Immediate on demand torque. No spin up. No lag. Just torque from the second you touch the pedal. Trust me, in 10-15 years I bet electric cars like this will be serious competition on the street against old school V8's like ours.

Yeah but they do lack a certain somethin...

It's true. No exhaust is incredibly weird. Nothing beats classic V8 exhaust note. My neighbours will be thanking me for shutting it off soon. Got stock manifold 2-1/4" exhaust with no name chamber mufflers on it right now. They don't seem to mind much. But going 1-5/8 hookers onto 3" h pipe with dynomax bullets 45* dumped after the muffler. That they might mind.

We keep the race cars in an industrial wharehouse, This old lady will drive to our shop and complain.. when we fire em up...

Sometimes they need more tuning...

:)

I came across a Tesla P85 once. He started jerking forward at the light. I shook my head and wagged a finger at him. The light changed and he took off. I beat him, not a blowout, but not close either. I understand the P85D probably would have eaten my lunch.

the one above is a 90D. guy said it was quick...

It still dont turn my crank or put that rumble in the passanger seat that my girl likes so much....

They are torque-y for sure. I have 528 ft/lbs of torque-y as well. The day I lose to a stock electric car is the day I hang up my keys.

They are torque-y for sure. I have 528 ft/lbs of torque-y as well. The day I lose to a stock electric car is the day I hang up my keys.

The mercedes SLS AMG electric makes 740HP and 738 ft/lb. 0-62 in 3.9 seconds. Stock. And it's two years old. Might be hanging up those keys sooner than you think!

What I like is the "Zero emissions" Badge. WTF do they think the electricity came from to recharge the darn thing? It is really displaced emissions. And the carbon footprint is HUGE!

co

I had a good argument on my STI site about this subject. No one seems to understand where electricity actually comes from. And thanks to current Obama era rules (it's not opinion, it's fact) several coal power plants have shut down. These people think it's free energy until they phase out conventional power, and everyone's energy bill skyrockets.

I hate electric cars by the way. They'll never be half as ingenious as internal combustion. All that "power" is great until you only get 100 miles on a charge.

What I like is the "Zero emissions" Badge. WTF do they think the electricity came from to recharge the darn thing? It is really displaced emissions. And the carbon footprint is HUGE!

yea, they think the elec. is free and clear! just ask a tree hugger.

co

What I like is the "Zero emissions" Badge. WTF do they think the electricity came from to recharge the darn thing? It is really displaced emissions. And the carbon footprinnt co

THIS!!!! ^^^^^

Stupid folks dont even know we burn coal to power those plugs...

not to mention that car or battery pack wont last long enough to off set its carbon used in manufacturing....

my car is 40+ years old and ive got a car thats almost 90+ years old...where where these cars be in 20 years...

insert face palm...

Last edited:
Its like the batteries for the Prius. The nickle is mined and smelted in Canada (in a refinary that produced so much pollution it created a "dead zone" in a nearby valley where almost nothing grows). Shipped to Europe and refined. Sent to China and made into "foam". Then sent to Japan to be made into the final battery form. Then the completed batteries are sent to the US. It travels completely around the once before the car is even built.

The estimated cost per mile of the Prius over it's average life? $3.25. A hummer? $1.95.

Can't tell me that's "good" for the environment. Us buying and repairing and essentially "recycling" old cars is much better for the environment. How much scrap and junk do we save from being dumped every year? More than enough to offset our fuel burning habits.

The p90d with the speed upgrade does 0-60 in 3.4 , with a 260+ mile range , if your faster than that -which I doubt , the 2gen roadsters will do it in 2.9 seconds , as for price the X models are more like 60-70k and the next model the Model 3 is going to sell for 35k which is going to be the game changer in the electric car business . If Elon is successful in his latest plan to ramp production up to 500,000 cars per year by 2018 then you are going to see a huge shift in the auto industry , this doesn't mean the end of our combustion engines or the end of gasoline , Electric vehicle tech is way to far off from commercial transport use for that to happen in our lifetimes so don't worry the sky isn't falling , if anything this could be good for us because it could do to ethanol what LED did to CFL's . The heavy subsidy on growing food for fuel will become even more retarded and impossible to justify if the switch in basic commuter vehicles goes to electric and the demand for gas sees a major reduction .

attachment-160.jpeg

Here in Illinois, we have nuke plants and coal fired plants everywhere. Our family jokes that when we see heavy emissions rolling out of the stacks, Nevada must need more energy. Since out west, they can't have those ugly stacks poking out of the countryside.

my question is can you open those rear doors if your parked in between two other vehicles in a parking lot? What about in your garage?

For the cost of that car, one could buy a crate Hemi and many years worth of gas. Or a Gen III Hemi and many more years worth of gas.

I saw a Tesla Model S yesterday and it looked neat. They're cool cars but I don't think I'd ever buy one. I'd rather have something with an exhaust note.

-
Back